ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fault code?

Renault Clio Dynam+
I own a 2003 Clio 1.4 16v Dynamique+ which has thrown up its management light with the following fault codes:
  • 285 - Fast fan control short circuit to ground
  • 285 - Fast fan control open circuit
  • 285 - Fast fan control
I'm assuming a switch has failed, presumably refering to the radiator fan rather than interior fan. However, the car does not overheat.

I've tried to search but have had no luck. Could anyone shed some light?

Thanks in advance!

PH2 172
I own a 2003 Clio 1.4 16v Dynamique+ which has thrown up its management light with the following fault codes:
  • 285 - Fast fan control short circuit to ground
  • 285 - Fast fan control open circuit
  • 285 - Fast fan control
I'm assuming a switch has failed, presumably refering to the radiator fan rather than interior fan. However, the car does not overheat.

I've tried to search but have had no luck. Could anyone shed some light?

Thanks in advance!

Maybe this resistor or the wiring to it..

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/cooling-fan-speed-resistor.449936/

PH2 172
Thanks Steve. I did come across that thread but could not work out where that part would be located on the car. Any idea?

On the radiator fan cowling.

Attachments

• 15-09-30 CLIO NEW RADS 7.jpg
    15-09-30 CLIO NEW RADS 7.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 123
  Renault Clio Dynam+
It has air con.

Thanks for the diagrams. I've cleaned up the contacts on the associated relays and fuses. However, the EML light is still on.

What I don't know is if the EML light will go out after X miles if I had fixed it, or if the code would need to be wiped.

PH2 172
It has air con.

Thanks for the diagrams. I've cleaned up the contacts on the associated relays and fuses. However, the EML light is still on.

What I don't know is if the EML light will go out after X miles if I had fixed it, or if the code would need to be wiped.

So is the fan working now?

It should run at half speed all the time the aircon is on.