ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fault with climate control?

clio sport 182
hi all,
i have a fault with my climate control,
it stays on constanly while the ignition is on, full blast hot air :(
i've tried putting in a new control panel as that is what i thought the fault was.
still no luck. also when i turn the control panel off the fans still stay on constantly
putting temp up/down and fan speed up/down does nothing either.
i've had to take the fuse out for the time being as i had enough of being in an oven.
i've booked the car in for a diagnostic but want to try and sort it myself if possible.
the garage haven't seen this problem before, so not sure what to do.

anybody got any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

thanks in advance

clio sport 182
got the diagnostic done, you were right for the fan speed, it was the resistor pack and it definatly wasn't cheap, thought that would fix the problem, but no :( still have hot air when i put the temp right up, you cant turn it back down again :( the cars back in the garage tomorrow, got a twingo as a curtesy car :( thats going to be a shock to the system :0

cheers for the reply

Clio 182
Have a read of that first link biojo posted for ya, did it on mine which was only blowing hot air and bingo hot and cold air, bit fiddly but only took 20 mins or so