ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Faulty digital display & Rev Counter.

Has anyone come across/know of the following problem. Every now and again the digital clock in my Mk 2 1.2 Clio RN will flash between the Mileommeter and tripommeter (also resetting the trip distance). At the same time the Rev counter will stop responding to the engine and now and again shoot up to 5,000 rmp. After switching the ignition off/on, all is then OK.

I would be most gratefull for any help.

Electronic problems are a pain to sort out. Best get your local garage to have a look. Could a grounding problem, a short, dirty connection, loose connection etc etc.

Chun.

172 Cup

This happened to mine even before I had collected it. In the end the trip comp and the rev counter stopped working all together. Had to have the PCB replaced.

CTR EK9 turbo

How about treating your car to a reset? turn on the ignition, but not the engine. Pump the accelerator 5 times, turn off for 30 secs then on.

What exactly does this reset and should I expect to see any visible result to indicate that the reset has been successful?