ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fcuking car!!...(182)

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

went out for a drive this afternoon....on the way back..not far from home luckily......its starts smelling really hot.....temp didnt go up....Stop light and Batery light comes on on the dash intermittently....

got home and popped the bonnet...smoke/steam was coming off/around the alternator....and looks like liquid on the pipe that goes over the top of it and down the side .....

hoping its ok to drive to the garage in the morning.....was driving ok...just stank !......whats worse than all of this ?......means the Renault monkeys will be touching my car !!!....

and breathe...rant over.....

anyone else had this happen ?......does it sound bad ???

oh and to top it all internet hasnt been working all evening..hence the late post !! arrggghhhhhhhhh

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I had an alternator fail and overheight on my 172 (same units I guess) and it was replaced under warranty etc.

Little bit dodgy tho, keep an eye on it over night, make sure its not something that is shorting out etc.

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

thank you Lee will keep an eye on it.....so bummed about this....funny thing is the temp on the car stayed normal, didnt overheat at all..:confused:

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

possibly some sort of coolant or liquid leakign onto the alternator..... burnign smeel by any chance :O

hope u get it sorted out

Embarrassed to say

Yeah my mates 182 cup had the same problem. It was the cap on the coolant bottle came loose, lost pressure or something...white residue everywhere. Dealer replaced the coolant bootle thing and cleaned the engine bay.

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

yeah there is a really bad burning smell.....and there is also white residue everywhere..i thought it was just salt from the roads.....hope its an easy fix :cry:

thanks for your help guys....fingers crossed...:)

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

ok...so its at the dealers.....:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

oh, and no the local dealers arent good...they are worse than crap...damaged my old clio twice....:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

It probally a tiny leak some where...... which as we know when it hits somthing hot the steam is unreal! Also the smell like u said

Hope it gets sorted

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

Just heard...needs a new Alternator...all to be done under warranty...woohoo.....getting it back tomorrow *fingers crossed* :D

Ziel Nurburgring

Good news Ang, just think while your there you could pre book it for the next fault in say, oooh 3-4weeks. You might get a loaner then