ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Febi Engine Mount & Powerflex Insert

PH1 172
Hey all,

Perhaps a really simple answer but having taken a quick look earlier I couldn't see anything obvious.

I have received my powerflex insert and new Febi upper engine mount. When I looked at the mount, the top plate was glued to the rubber (unlike the renault OE item where the top plate just lifts off).

How do you remove the top plate to fit the Powerflex insert on the Febi mount?

Thanks in advance!

PH1 172
That's what I was afraid of :(

Ordered the same part number as others on here and it's glued to the top of the rubber!

PH1 172
Will get a picture tonight - had to fit the old shot mount, but would far rather swap it out for the new one :(

Flp

Iceberg ph1
@rosssei I dont remember exactly, but I think I used screwdriver to push it off.
First I was using old top mount with powerflex insert too and I get so much vibration to dashboard. Now with new febi top mount and powerflex insert its OK. So its really worth it to use new mount if your old is worn..

Last edited:
  PH1 172
@Flp thanks so much - managed to get it off with a few hits of a hammer and broke the seal! Will swap it out at the weekend!

Reactions: Flp