ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fed up!

iceberg 172
i really want a 172 but my insurance wont insure my lady! have to be 21 they said! PLUS i had a quote on my own 368 fully comp! had a few with my lady on and it shoots up over a grand because shes only 18 and only passed her test 6 months ago!:(

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i had my mrs on my insurance on my old clio, the day i took the policy out i let her take it shopping with some of her mates, she came back and had curbed my brand new turinis, i flipped out proper, thought it was the end of the world. All she could say was "its only a stupid wheel" nearly b**ch slapped her, instead i took her off the policy lol

Swift Sport
Just insure yourself and tell her you've insured her too, then if she gets caught it's not your problem. ;)

I'm so helpful it hurts :D

iceberg 172
i had our clio colour coded the day before she passed her test, the day after she passed her test she hit the house wall head on after coming in to the drive! week after she hits the gate post!

200 Gordini
i had our clio colour coded the day before she passed her test, the day after she passed her test she hit the house wall head on after coming in to the drive! week after she hits the gate post!

And you want to insure her on your 172?

Take the hint from the insurers, you WILL need to make a claim with this woman on your policy

clio sport f1 r27
years ago when i got the ex insured on my old clio we fell out and she took it up the main road behind ma house and you could her the car belting up and down and changing from high revs in 4th down to 2nd so now its my car only ,who ever the f**k i end up with!!

She's no more likely to crash it than I am. Infact less likely as I hoon it everywhere.
In terms of denting it she has respect for my property, if it got dented in a car park that wouldn't be her fault, and she would park it in a sensible space like me. If she scraped it she would pay for it, its a car at the end of the day and its there to be used.

200 Gordini
She's no more likely to crash it than I am. Infact less likely as I hoon it everywhere.
In terms of denting it she has respect for my property, if it got dented in a car park that wouldn't be her fault, and she would park it in a sensible space like me. If she scraped it she would pay for it, its a car at the end of the day and its there to be used.

Used and NOT abused!

You've got yourself a guddun there :D

Renaultsport 200

If she did those things in a 1.2, imagine the carnage in a 2.0 172bhp car.

Heres an idea...

Dump the car sharing until she is 21. You drive her everywhere, if you like your car that much and want one that much you will do it.

I have had my R27 for almost 12 months and I share it with my GF too. However she hardly drives it because by default I am the owner, I am the one whos name the car is in, I am the policy holder...therefore I drive everywhere.

Only in the times when I cant be in two places at once does she drive it.

Or when I have had a beer or two.

It may "only be a clio" but it's still one of the most expensive purchases anybody will make, and you don't want someone ruining something you've spent your hard earned cash on.