ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

feel a little sick at the min.

iceberg 172
Just been put on 4 days at work and money is getting a little tight so i might have to sell the 172 and get a cheaper car!:dapprove: anyone been through this situation? feel sick as anything at the moment!:dead:

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Shitter that mate, can you just not drive the 172 a bit easier and save fuel!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
thats a shitter mate :( try and cadge some lifts into work to save petrol :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Just been put on 4 days at work and money is getting a little tight so i might have to sell the 172 and get a cheaper car!:dapprove: anyone been through this situation? feel sick as anything at the moment!:dead:

I was in this situation in January. Im a finance broker, so was on the front line for the credit crunch, saw redundancy coming & sold my 172 cup. Bought a cheap 328i Sport to run around in & then lost my job in February.

Clouds have silver linings though if you work hard. I got a new job in April, did very well, sold my BMW for a hefty profit, & then got offered my old job back on a far better package ... I now have an Edition 30 Golf, saxo vts track car & a job i love again. Sometimes you just have to go back a few steps to move forwards :)

Yes, you may have to sell the 172, but i have just as much fun in a vts worth considerably less than a grand!!

iceberg 172
not about the fun mate, the look of the car is what i wanted more than the the speed although it a good plus;) ive just got it to how i wanted it to look and now this. just not sure what it would fetch.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ride your bike.

Nothing is worth selling your pride and joy for a s**t heap. No way pedro.

Try and keep hold of it if it's financially viable because I'd imagine the resale price will have you feeling even sicker.

I was in the same boat a few years with my 1st Cup, financial circumstances changed dramatically and I was forced to sell the car. Absolutely gutted watching it drive away and never fully recovered until I bought my current Cup :eek: lol

I'm currently in a similar situation. lost my job in June time and was redundant for around 3 months but managed to keep hold of the car, got a new job but then the car went in for an engine rebuild about a month ago during this month i have also had no work so when the cars ready (next week hopefully) i wont be able to get it back till i can pay for it :dapprove: and even then i dont know how financially viable it will be to keep it.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i sold my 172 a few months back and have a dci 100 clio to run about in untill i get something else quick, but even when i do get something else ill be keeping the 100 to use daily.

honestly dont regret it one bit, can have just as much fun in this car with less than half the running costs and not as easy to loose your licence!!