ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fell In love with my car again....

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I've got a few pennies saved up, As I was looking at upgrading to a RX8 early next year. This however would take away alot of my freedom that I have now, As it would cost me alot more in insurance and fuel.

I fitted my system today, And was really chuffed, Felt 17 years old again. I even went and washed it. I've decided that im happy with my car, And I've got the rest of my years to get a faster sportier car when insurance isnt going to be silly.

This brings me onto my next question, Shall i "spruce" my Current car up? I'm more than likely going to run it into the ground, Although its a 04 on and 20 something thousand lol. At the moment ive got a sport grille and a black diamond front badge.

Was thinking of purchasing the following:

2x Cobra Misano's with Carbon Back and subframes
An Induction Kit of some description
Some Black 172 16" Rims with white renault badges (Already in talks about these)
Lower in 60mm
White front Diamond
Tints
Getting the fucker detailed properly in the summer

Obviously insurance is the factor, But i believe Bell are ok with this sorta thing? Only toying with the idea so far, But what do you think?

Or just leave it standard and save my money, Which will probably end up me been bored with my car one day and buying an RX8 which i can JUST ABOUT afford to run.

What do you think?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Misanos with Carbon backs are a waste of money just get standard

Golf GTI PP Mk7
Or just leave it standard and save my money, Which will probably end up me been bored with my car one day and buying an RX8 which i can JUST ABOUT afford to run.

What do you think?

crucifying urself for a car is NEVER worth it, if something goes wrong with it, u probably wont be able to afford to have it fixed.

unless u can comfortable afford it, i wouldnt do it tbh. stick with what uve got.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Exactly, Ive been in a position where the car ruled my life, Wouldnt go out with my mates so i could save my cash for mods.

I can get carbon backed for about £30 more than the standards, Second hand but brand new if that makes sense My pal bought em a year ago for his show car, Didnt fit them, Sold the car, And now has an RS4 with "the seats", So he dont need them

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Stop what your doing.Dont spend money on your current car.Save up and use all avaliable funds on a new car(not an RX8)and you will feel much better

Storm Grey 200
I had the same thing, i wanted a 172, but would have cost way to much, so i treated my car to a few new things, and now i love it again :)

Golf GTI PP Mk7
but why? really, whats the point on a 1.2 clio?

u'll make it a pain to sell on........and it'll still a 1.2 clio.

Z4
Neither, why not get a 172? They're fairly cheap at the moment and will be far cheaper to run than the rx8.

Rx8's are the business imo, but they drink fuel like it's going out of fashion. I'm getting one in about 6 months but I only really drive weekends so it suits me fine :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Stop what your doing.Dont spend money on your current car.Save up and use all avaliable funds on a new car(not an RX8)and you will feel much better

Its not so much buying the car, I could go buy the RX8 tomorrow, Cash, Without a part ex. I've got money saved up from when "it was easier to earn cash", My monthly income isnt "that" high, I've just got a fair bit to use, Its the running it thats going to be a bit of an issue and like someone says if something goes wrong. My mate in a similar position to me, Earns more than me but he bought a £15k Evo 8 on his chip and pin card, No re payments, no finance etc etc, Which was awesome, But once the bulk of his cash went, He isnt as comfortable. He can afford to run it, Dont get me wrong, But he has certainly changed his lifestyle to accomodate this, No longer in Prada and D&G, No longer Drinking the expensive cocktails etc etc. I like my lifestyle as it is, And no cars going to change that!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
but you wont want to leave it there. Get something that falls inbetween what you have now and an RX8 imo

Thing is i dont want a faster car, And icant think of what else there is?

Im the type of person who would buy a 1.2 16v Porsche 911 if it was avaliable. Just like the "car" not the performance.

Yes i know im gay

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Neither, why not get a 172? They're fairly cheap at the moment and will be far cheaper to run than the rx8.

Rx8's are the business imo, but they drink fuel like it's going out of fashion. I'm getting one in about 6 months but I only really drive weekends so it suits me fine :)

a 172 is no better than the car I've got, apart from the fact its faster, Which if you see my above post is no concern of mine lol

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
but why? really, whats the point on a 1.2 clio?

u'll make it a pain to sell on........and it'll still a 1.2 clio.

It would take an afternoon to remove the modifcations i suggested, You are going on like Im involving chip Foose or soemthing, Minor bolt on mods.

M

mini-valver

Dude, seriously just leave the clio as it is, then save some more to be able to comfortably run an RX8.

Thats retarded. All he'll have then is an RX8 that he's using savings to pay for, making him no better off.

It's only money mate, comes and go's. You could die tommorrow, what f**king use are your savings then? Mod your car, make it look nicer, feel nicer and more importantly, make you happy. Savings Shmavings.

Z4
Spending money on the clio would be pointless.
How many miles will you be driving per week? Work how much you'll be spending on fuel per week over the clio and then decide what you want to do.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Well i can get away with filling up ever 5 weeks lmao. Hardly use my car TBH, Which works both ways, I know i wouldnt spend much on fuel, But it would make the insurance price not really worth it

Z4
How much would the insurance be costing you?

I'm in the same boat as you, barely use the car, only weekends as I work away during the week so the rex seems like a great idea purely for looks alone, they're stunning imo.

If you can comfortably afford the car, insurance, and fuel, do it

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I've driven a few RX-8's and I'm really not too keen on them!

But judging by the fact you have a 197, We obviously would look for different things when driving, You are probably into the performance, handling, grip, body roll etc, I just look for my reflection in a shop window to see if the car looks good?

Z4
£300 more than the Clio, Whereas a 182 is like £600 more lol.

no brainer then! Hopefully these will help you make a decision....
clio or..
aimg_1311_674.jpg

aimg_1314_200.jpg

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Why would you want a Clio V6? For the money you spend on a V6 you could have had a really nice prodrive RX8? Different opinions thats all.

I think they are a really nice looking car thats all.

Swift Sport
But judging by the fact you have a 197, We obviously would look for different things when driving, You are probably into the performance, handling, grip, body roll etc, I just look for my reflection in a shop window to see if the car looks good?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they're bad cars... Just make sure you get a GOOD go in one first, and maybe try a few other similar cars - that you like obviously! :)

I work at a car sales so I get to drive pretty much everything, I was just a bit dissapointed with the RX-8 so try some other cars. There are plenty of nice looking cars out there, you may even find something cheaper to buy and run - especially if performance isn't an issue! :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
What dissapointed you with it btw, Its just that stupid engine thats stopping me, Why dont they do a 100bhp 1.4 or something lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Why would you want a Clio V6? For the money you spend on a V6 you could have had a really nice prodrive RX8? Different opinions thats all.

I think they are a really nice looking car thats all.

What do they cost? If the RX8 is anything like the 7, it makes the Vee look economical! lol

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Why would you want an RX8?

Out of curiosity what woykd you buy pal for about £8,000 if performance didnt interest you.

When I say doesnt interest me, It obviously does, But I see it as 3 types of car.

Clios 1.2s etc etc

Evo's and Imprezas, M3s etc

911s, 360's and hyper cars.

No in between. Strange I know. I cant afford the next stage of car so....

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
What do they cost? If the RX8 is anything like the 7, it makes the Vee look economical! lol

That is an issue the fueling, Especially when im not interested in performance. Id love a 7 but too old. They are about £8k :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
The fuel is a match to most borderline supercars,shocking really.

Are you open to different cars in an 8k budget?

yes I am as long as people dont start posting hot hatches, As they are just a more expensive to run version to what ive got. I wouldn't mind a Meggy 225 or Focus sT, But i wouldnt get my pound of flesh out of the insurance etc etc