ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

few clio questions

Hi people bought a clio 1.4 originally as a runaround bought since having it i think it is well fun and want to do some mods to it, first thing how hard is it 2 drop a 2l or valver engine in there and how readily do these come available, wot sort of mods would i have to do to get some 17s on there and wot bodykit would people reccomend i like the widearch kit but wouldnt know how hard this is 2 fit etc, any help in this would be most appreciated

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Youll be very very lucky to find the 2.0 lump out the Williams, think the 2.0l out a Megane is the same lump though but still not easy to find. Best engine conversion for the 1.4RT IMO is gettin a 1.4 turbo lump out the old Renault 5 and whacking that in, easily tuneable. Other engines to put in 1.6 out a megane, 1.8 16v, some turbo volvo lump will fit. You could always fit a turbo diesel lump out a 19, be quite a fast car Id have thought and crazy torque in a Clio!!! Dont think anyway done a diesel conversion before as well!!!

Only prob is the 5 turbo is a horrendous expensive conversion as u have to buy a whole donor car and before you can drop one in, is the valver engine easy to tune and wot sort of wheels could i fit on what is a good interior to go for out of the standard cars, also how easy is it to lower the car as i am quite a newcomer to it i mainly worked on saxos so dont know to much about bodykits available and the internals i love themaxi wide arch kit is this still available