ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few detailing questions

Fiesta ST-2
When claying the car is it OK to use a carnauba wax shampoo (valet pro poisedon) between the wash/clay/wash stage?

I'm a first timer to polishing, I got my kestrel DAS6 this week. I've read the guide on detailing world. So I basically start with the lowest cut pad/polish and move up a stage until I get the correction I'm after? Any newb mistakes I should try to avoid?

Also applying wax with the machine I presume low speed and finishing pad?

Thanks for any help.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
When claying the car is it OK to use a carnauba wax shampoo (valet pro poisedon) between the wash/clay/wash stage?

Yeah it's fine, I do it.

I'm a first timer to polishing, I got my kestrel DAS6 this week. I've read the guide on detailing world. So I basically start with the lowest cut pad/polish and move up a stage until I get the correction I'm after? Any newb mistakes I should try to avoid?

Yeah use the least abrasive combo first, especially if you have never done it before, just take it steady. Main thing is make sure the pad is flat against the paintwork and not on an edge.

Also applying wax with the machine I presume low speed and finishing pad?

Yup

Thanks for any help.