ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

few hybrid pics with new scuttle induction kit

Audi TT 225 Quattro
was off work this week so set about fitting my group a induction kit on to the hybrid, this set up was used many moons ago by renaultsport on the group a car back in the early 90's (most of the mk1 boys will probably know this) so i knew it would work well. it ended up being a bit of a pain in the ass to fit properly with lots of things needing moving and chopping but 2 days later and its done:) also took a few pics of the car and tried to do a decent vid but kinda failed due to wind noise and traffic lol...

the car ..
grpaik030.jpg

grpaik031.jpg

grpaik029.jpg

grpaik026.jpg

grpaik025.jpg

grpaik024.jpg

grpaik035.jpg

grpaik033.jpg

grpaik027.jpg

grpaik021.jpg

the scuttle induction kit ( v6 airbox ftw;))

File0021.jpg

grpaik006.jpg

grpaik015.jpg

grpaik017.jpg

grpaik018.jpg

grpaik009.jpg

grpaik014.jpg

grpaik011.jpg

grpaik012.jpg

grpaik013.jpg

grpaik020.jpg

and a vid, excuse the wind noise and london traffic:rolleyes: ( how do i embed vid?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg0q-WK7uag

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Looks like a really good bit of kit!

(Living in london would royally piss me off! So much traffic!)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Do those adapter rings not restrict airflow? Massively??

Second part in from left. You can see the size of the throttle body, but the adapter plate looks to shrink in size on the side of the airbox? :S
File0021.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
Nice one Jay, does this have a benefit over Hillpowers version which mounts the filter under the scuttle grille?
Just love your car so much

Audi TT 225 Quattro
cheers all:D

dan: a, traffic is a killer mate but can't get away from it unless im out after 01:00am as it clears for a little around then lol.
b: nah the original tb on the f7r/p's is only 67mm its just that its a funny shape , the adaptor is 80mm and the airbox 70mm, scoop is 100mm

marky: i did have a cold air feed before but that was to the std airbox via a fog light intake ( u can see the old caf in one of the pics, but i took it out few hours ago )

russ: had that kit fitted a few years back, it was very good just a touch too loud for me, its hard to explain but it sounded like the air filter was on the passenger seat lol, i'll pop a pic down below of that one fitted:)

jamie: meh i thought it was a nice addition, he done a good job:D

kmb: i could fit bigger disc but sometime run on 15's and they are as big as i can get under them (285mm with 4pots )

old hillpower scuttle kit
hillpowerscuttlekit013.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Love that! Gruppe M looking. I think you could work something similar on the 197

Audi TT 225 Quattro
from canning town in east london, probably see me flying about as i use it daily:D

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't mind such a set-up on mine but re-locating the batter is a fag. Sounds great though.

After those new cams and headwork what did it produce in the end? Did you get much of a gain over the old stuff?

Looks great piece of kit :D

Love that! Gruppe M looking. I think you could work something similar on the 197

I did look at doing somethin like this and deicded that there wasnt really enough room because of the stupid position of the throttle body.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
I wouldn't mind such a set-up on mine but re-locating the batter is a fag. Sounds great though.

After those new cams and headwork what did it produce in the end? Did you get much of a gain over the old stuff?

made 180bhp 155lb/ft with the new setup, was 177/139 on the old setup. made very big mid range improvements as you can see from the graph below. could gain an extra 10bhp peak with more aggressive cam timing but that's not what I'm after. you not fancy the jms setup ?

180bhpatf001Large.jpg

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Next mods I'll be doing to mine will be the Mark Fish suspension upgrade (£900 ish!!!!). Not too bothered about actually improving the performance - it's all money for marginal gains. I'm sure I'd enjoy a different induction set-up but for now I'll leave it as it is. I'd only really consider it if I could do it for REALLY cheap.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
LOL! Looking at your old scuttle set up (Hill power?) reminded me of my valver when I had the same.

Induction noise was absolutely mental. Sounded like a spare engine in the passenger footwell!

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Nice setup there Jay... I remember your hybrid was quite nippy from that time we went head-to-head at santa pod. (black 182)

Glad to see ya still running the hybrid :)

Audi TT 225 Quattro
LOL! Looking at your old scuttle set up (Hill power?) reminded me of my valver when I had the same.

Induction noise was absolutely mental. Sounded like a spare engine in the passenger footwell!

haha yeah thats the one, was way too loud for me every day so had to go. it sounded so unrefined unlike this one which is as quite as std on part throttle but gets loud as you push on:cool: this is roughly what it sounds like now when flooring it:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSSELSIaEJY&feature=player_embedded

i must say it does seem to be a more efficient way of getting air as i was out for a spirited drive last night it it was showing up as 14.5 ( got an afr gauge) on full throttle should be around 12.5 ( it was like this with the std airbox) this would indicate that there is more air passing through the system but not burning correctly. it did slowly start to get better and finished around 13.5 (ecu trying to adjust itself at a guess) at the end of the night, i'll keep an eye on it over the next week and if it doesn't get better i'll book it in for a tweak of the map at rs tuning.

Last edited: