ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few pics of my 5

182 and 5 GTT
Thought i would put up a few pics of my new toy!
How it was when i first bought it. Bit of a sorry faded state!
DSC00408.jpg

After a wash, ready for serious t-cutting!
DSC00195.jpg

Let stripping commence!
DSC00448.jpg

Sound deadening removal
DSC00450.jpg

Bucket seat and harness in. All sound deadening out!
DSC00461.jpg

DSC00463.jpg

DSC00462.jpg

Trial fitting front mounted intercooler
DSC00470.jpg

Bumper was fooked anyway so had a play to try and get it to fit over the Intercooler. It will need to cut out more though as the cooler was designed to fit under k-tecs snow plough kit so sticks out quite along way.
DSC00468.jpg

Also fitted my side exit exhaust, but its hidden under the skirt so no pics of that!

Over the next few months i will be getting:
- k-tec downpipe
- AEM wideband air/fuel meter to be put in downpipe
- Koni adjustables
- refurb wheels matt black
- Larger turbo t25/t28 not decided which yet!
- re-jetting the carb
Then it will be hitting the strip!

172 sport/Clio 16v T
Looking good mate! Nice to see another red 5 being brought back to life for the strip!!
Have you took all the roof lining out or just all the side plastics?

Tom (aka Kebabman)

182 and 5 GTT
Roof lining is staying as ive been told its not worth taking out. More hastle than its worth and will make the roof flex like mad! I need to take the foam sound proofing out behind the dash, but will wait till i need to remove the dash first. I had a bit of water in the passenger footwell when i was taking the carpet out so need to find out if it was from the car being washed or if the heater matrix is fooked. If its the latter then dash might be coming out sooner than planned! lol

182 and 5 GTT
Yep im on the rtoc, same user name. Im going to be trying to get to some of the local meets and will probably be spectating at alot of the rwyb and track days untill my car is done.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
the rwyb's are ok but there the place where you will kill it if anywhere.. thats not a huge problem as its half the fun really,, its not possible to push other cars like the 5 without having a pit crew at the ready..

i think im gonna go the track route tho as you can cnut around, and aslong as things are set up ok it'll be a day of fun before a drive home..

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
good, good I had a good tussle with a 5 at the last rwyb..what power this making?

182 and 5 GTT
Im pretty sure i will be towing it. Will save me alot of hastle with insurance, tax etc. I bought the car with the 1/4 mile in mind, i will be giving trackdays a go though. The cars on 102,000 miles, on the original clutch and the heads never been removed, so im expecting it to go bang soon lol! I will be changing the clutch before i take it out for its first outing, but no point in fixing what isnt broke. The car is my toy, but i also want to learn about the engine so i will be rebuilding it myself with a little help from some of the local r5 owners i guess.

182 and 5 GTT
The car was standard engine wise apart from a d/v which came straight off and a piper back box, so arround 120bhp i guess. Hopefully it will be arround 150ish i guess with the planned mods but it will be an on going project when time/money allows and when its time for a rebuild i want to be running big boost and big power.

172 sport/Clio 16v T
Definitly gettin there and gettin it sorted quick too! Not be long mate an you'll be boostin up the 1/4 mile giving it some beans lol