ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few pics of my engine bay, before and after! 90% complete.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
This is what it was like a month ago (and pretty much how its been since I have had the car for the last 2 years minus the air filter, which is relatively new)... pretty shocking to say the least! (ignore the speaker type wires, they were some sensors I had hooked up to read the engine bay temperatures (and thus why the photo was originally taken)).

0.jpg

After a s**t load of manual polishing and a lot of time spent, it now looks like this. The engine cover bolts have been replaced with polished stainless bolts now (replaced them the day after taking these pics just in time for the local meet). Still left to do is battery cover & top mount covers as well as tidying up the sub-woofer cabling. I would also like to replace the OEM bottles with some polished aluminium ones later down the line. Probably wont get time to do it for the next few months though. I was going to paint the engine cover in anthracite instead of the high heat black, but as I had loads left over from the manifold top, I though I might as well used that instead. Glad I did now as I really like the matt look, although I think its going to be a pain to keep clean! Anyway, hope you like it! The guys at the last SW meet seemed pretty impressed with the transformation :) I must say, the pictures don't really do it justice, it looks a lot better in the flesh.

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
  172 Phase II
Wow! Nice work on the polishing! Also good call on painting it black around the renault sport on top.

What kind of elbow is that that goes to the filter? Lengthwise and diameter I mean. Because I'm looking to buy one look that.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Well it looks much better when its not dark and rainy!
Looks awesome mate!

Just get that battery cover sorted!!!

Flame Red 172
Looks amazing!

Waiting on my cover coming in the post. Hopefully I can get something looking half as good as yours lol

PB Clio 172
really good work there just makes me what to sort mine out ! in the flesh it does look lots better. Yeah really like what you have done,

I don't like these engines with no engine cover so well done great job !

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Dont think I can make it mate, SO much work on at the moment.

Will see how tomorrow goes, might treat myself to one day off over the weekend.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
thanks :) Unfortunately it looks like I wont be going to CSS either this year now due to unavoidable work :(

How long/much effort did it take you to polish up the plenum and fuel rail guard to such a shine?

about 24hours polishing time, but obviously cant be done in one go as it kills your hand. It can be done quicker with machines though, but my da sander was too big so did it all by hand. The spraying obviously takes a few days as it need to fully dry between coats.

RS 182
I'm planning on tidying my engine bay up and was wondering if you have to replace the gasket when removing the inlet manifold/plenum section?

Yours looks awesome by the way! Great job

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I'm planning on tidying my engine bay up and was wondering if you have to replace the gasket when removing the inlet manifold/plenum section?

Yours looks awesome by the way! Great job

I reused mine, was like new :)

Thanks btw, just given it a polish up today as with most alloys, it very quickly gets white corrosion spots on it!

PB Clio 172
I love it and really need to do mine at some point ! taking the bits apart/back on really puts me off :dapprove:

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
It looks so much better, very tidy. What i've noticed with peoples engine bays is the great attention to detail in finished work but can't help thinking if you go to that much effort why not treat it to a spanking new header tank with fresh Type D coolant :cool:

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
It looks so much better, very tidy. What i've noticed with peoples engine bays is the great attention to detail in finished work but can't help thinking if you go to that much effort why not treat it to a spanking new header tank with fresh Type D coolant :cool:

its got new type-d coolant :) you just cant see it because of the condition of the tank lol. I wanted to get some polished aluminium tanks but haven't had the time/funds yet. It will probably get done sometime in the summer as its too cold outside at the moment!