ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

few problems just had my car itb'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Lionel Richie
we'll i lay down the gauntlet, i no of no clio F4R on ITB's that's done less than 200bhp @ fly/170lbs/ft using STOCK cams

ITB'd MK1
that's a bit OTT. I know of loads. Burpspeed car for a start did 198, and that's got no PAS or anything

195+ and 165+ would be a good result

Lionel Richie
but was built by 2 bumpkins who like a drink and you did the cam timing, what do you expect? ;)

and at my gaff we're regularly seeing over 187bhp on stock inlet

Clio 172 PH2 Flamer
Just a quickie Nick, how you going to sell the car now youve sold the stack dash thingy? i presume no clocks etc work? is that why your wanting the stock ecu and loom putting back together?

I think i know who did your exhaust, is it really that bad?

no its not really that bad , the welds are like bird s**t welds as they use a mig welder but it wouldnt restrict the flow in anyway , but the exhaust isnt that bad , it will flow perfectly fine , its a janspeed back box as well not a s**tty powerflow one , and powerflow done it in gloucester

Just a quickie Nick, how you going to sell the car now youve sold the stack dash thingy? i presume no clocks etc work? is that why your wanting the stock ecu and loom putting back together?

may put the dash in yes , if it cant be sorted i would rather a refund and i will send them the old wiring loom as i have had to buy another one as they have cut mine about and wouldnt be able to use it again !!! i also have another fly by wire pedal as i cant use my old one as thats also been cut and welded etc etc

Megane 225
exactly what i thought fred , most on here are around the 200bhp mark with standard cams and standard engine ,

Yep but most making that weren't fucked before they went into the tuners! Give Matt a chance to sort it. TBQFH If it were me that had tuned your car I'd have told you to f**k off along time ago as it wasn't Matts fault the timing etc was out prior to him getting the car. He's willing to try to fix another person's mistake FOC and all you seem to be able to do is come onto a forum and **** him.

Matt i would have given the car back by now, you got the 30bhp gain out off the itbs that you were asked to do.
Why are you even bothering to try and fix it for FREE when this lad and all his mates are being such c***s about it?
Hand it back, you done your job.

Matt i would have given the car back by now, you got the 30bhp gain out off the itbs that you were asked to do.
Why are you even bothering to try and fix it for FREE when this lad and all his mates are being such c**ks about it?
Hand it back, you done your job.

30bhp and the car running absolutely sh1t , sounds good to me :mad: spluttering and over fueling , if a tuning companie told someone thats it then i think they wouldnt get much trade anymore , he is sorting a problem that is down to them , the car ran smooth before it went in there , and ran sh1t when it came out , who you calling a c0ck??? and as for what my mates want to say on here is upto them , i dont tell them what to say , and if you havent got any good input dont bother commenting ...

Last edited:
Yep but most making that weren't f**ked before they went into the tuners! Give Matt a chance to sort it. TBQFH If it were me that had tuned your car I'd have told you to f**k off along time ago as it wasn't Matts fault the timing etc was out prior to him getting the car. He's willing to try to fix another person's mistake FOC and all you seem to be able to do is come onto a forum and **** him.

the car was hardly f0cked before it went in there , how can you call the cam timing being out being focked , the car drove there fine , and drove out of there running sh1t!!! i am giving matt a chance to sort it out :S , where did i say i wasnt , if people havent got anything good to say then dont comment ,

Last edited:
That was input. Matt is trying to help you by rectifing problems he hasnt caused, he done what he was asked to do and you are being very difficult about it, do you honestly think any other tuning place would have taken the car back and fixed it for free? and for taking it back his getting s**t every other day? I myself would be very greatfull for the help he is giving you.

i am very greatfull , so a car goes in for throttle bodies yes , comes out running a so called 180bhp , running like sh1t , spluttering when you pull of and over fueling like anything (fuel even dripping out og the tailpipes), you call that a proper job do you ?? dont comment as you obviously havent read the thread properly !!! and i am giving matt plenty of time to rectify the job , over 3 months so far

Megane 225
the car was hardly f0cked before it went in there , how can you call the cam timing being out being focked , the car drove there fine , and drove out of there running sh1t!!! i am giving matt a chance to sort it out :S , where did i say i wasnt , if people havent got anything good to say then dont comment ,

If you don't want comments then don't post on a public forum! You seem to 1 minute **** Matt off and the next minute he's your best mate! You can hardly call the cam timing being off running right? Are you really trying to say that's the tuners fault?

Megane 225
i am very greatfull , so a car goes in for throttle bodies yes , comes out running a so called 180bhp , running like sh1t , spluttering when you pull of and over fueling like anything (fuel even dripping out og the tailpipes), you call that a proper job do you ?? dont comment as you obviously havent read the thread properly !!! and i am giving matt plenty of time to rectify the job , over 3 months so far

Matt you may just drop all your other work and fix this! ;)

If you don't want comments then don't post on a public forum! You seem to 1 minute **** Matt off and the next minute he's your best mate! You can hardly call the cam timing being off running right? Are you really trying to say that's the tuners fault?

no the cam timing is not the tuners fault , hence why i am paying for it to get sorted and not the tuner :S , but the reason the car was running sh1t when i got it back is , if the car was running ok i would of been half happy with it , it wasnt the low power why i took it back there , it was the way the car was running !!! i didnt drop the car back there for them to sort the car out as in cam timing , i dropped it back there to get the car running smooth again , the car kangaroo'd when i got it back unless my foot was flat to the floor , and it was over fueling like anything , absolutely stank of fuel , people are missing the point here , m tech are getting the car running smoothly again !! and i am gratefull for them trying to rectify it , but it has taken 3 months , and he has said it will be done this week so i am awaiting the result , things really seem to get blown out of proportion on here , i speak to matt almost every other day so matt knows i havent a problem :nono: , just people on this forum seem to blow things right out of proportion , this thread is absolutely full of spam , and to be fair there are only a few people in this thread who actually know what there on about , and then 80% of people who havent a clue and just come on here to say i wouldnt this and that , m tech are a tuning companie and have a very good reputation hence why i took the car there in the first place after speaking to a few peugeot boys that have had boddies fitted there , so i dought they are going to put there reputation on the line and just f0ck the car of and say thats it we are not sorting it ! as a few people in this thread are saying to :mad:

Last edited:
You can hardly call the cam timing being off running right?

but the car ran fine and smooth before it went in there , i never had a reason to think the car wasnt running right , i did when the car came out though , and for you to say the car was f0cked when it went it there :S , i dont think the car would of drove there if it was f0cked ,

HBT 172 Cup
The fact its been throttle bodied probably accentuates the fact the cam timing was out with the spluttering that standard plenum probably "masked", or that might just be BS i typed :D

andybutlers

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus rs, Audi, Clio
I have driven this car a few times before and after this conversion and tbh honest it might have been a bit down on standard power but when the car went in it drove like a normal road car. Now it is undriveable due to the fact u would either pass out from the fumes on the way to a track day or be t boned pulling out of a juction because the car has no low down driveabilty at all. i think if the car drove properly some people may have a point saying they have got there 30bhp out of it so thats that but the fact is it drives terrible and nobody would be happy with it because 2100 is a lot of money to pay for a car you cant drive

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
As I've said before, you need to talk to the tuner direct, not via a forum.

Personally, i think they're going way beyond what they were asked to do.

This should just be locked until its sorted imho.

how did you get on with the mapping today matt , just tried ringing ya again but cant get hold of ya , will the car be ready to collect tommorow

picked the car up tonight russ , they put a new blank ecu and started from scratch and now the car is getting 160bhp with the jenvey's on and everything else , i am now putting the car back to stock so will see what figures i get when its stock , putting all standard loom in and fly bi wire pedal etc etc , will see what power it makes back when its stock , that will be the decider , if it still gets s**t power then it will be getting booked into renault's to get sorted and sold , i am taking the bodies of and selling them

at the flywheel or at the wheels mate?

Is it running better now?

not sure mate , they never gave me a rolling road print out or anything , just what he told me , the car pulls well so my friend told me who drove it back , i am just glad to have the car back after 4 moths , the car runs a lot better now , was down to the low down mapping why it was running sh1t before and throttle bodies not sealed down properly , just seems very weird how the car lost 20bhp through cam timing being set right ??? and it would only map to 160bhp once the cam timing was sorted !!!

53 Clio's & counting
Ah right, glad to hear its fixed!

160 at the wheels isnt too bad, thats what mine is making with my itbs

Ah right, glad to hear its fixed!

160 at the wheels isnt too bad, thats what mine is making with my itbs

not sure if its at the wheels or at the fly , made 180bhp before and then 160bhp so would of thought it would of been at the fly , plus your car is still on standard management isnt it ??

If it is then there is still a problem :(

But at least it goes well! You need to give it a good test :D

will give it a drive tommorow when its not p1551ng it down with rain , the ultimate tester will be when the car goes back to standar and see what power it is getting then as whether it is engine related or sensors down etc etc !!! will be going into renault if its still running rubbish when back to standard

Last edited:
  ITB'd MK1
will give it a drive tommorow when its not p1551ng it down with rain , the ultimate tester will be when the car goes back to standar and see what power it is getting then as whether it is engine related or sensors down etc etc !!! will be going into renault if its still running rubbish when back to standard

it can't be a "sensor down" or anything even similar. all data like that can be seen live during mapping, and is controllable

what ever it is im sure renault will find the problem whatever it is , thats if the car runs rubbish when it is all back to stock ,

53 Clio's & counting
what ever it is im sure renault will find the problem whatever it is , thats if the car runs rubbish when it is all back to stock ,

Seriously, from what iv seen, Dont take it to Renault, go to another specilist if you must.

As Danny has said, it will unfortunately be something more sinistar than a sensor

would be taking it to fred if anyone , as im sure fred would be able to sort it out , will see how its running when it is back to stock

Status
Not open for further replies.