ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

few problems just had my car itb'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
  ITB'd MK1
told me ~200psi today. About right give or take.

I litterally just dropped in to see where it was at, just got back into the coutry last night and still in holiday mode. Bit of a head scratcher though

alien green rs133
surely if it has good comp, plenty of fuel and decent spark advance that should have it running decent power.. its a weird one

Thats exactly my thoughts....

We have put the cams to stock and lost 50bhp... something is defintaely up with it. Running a steady 13ish:1 AFR, with around 35ish degress of advance.... everything I can do from the management side has been set to its optimum.... it HAS to be cam timing related.... arghh renualt!

Lionel Richie
if danny set the timing, its not the timing! (unless he was pissed?)

the vvt turned on?

what's it reving too?

got full throttle?

Thats exactly my thoughts....

We have put the cams to stock and lost 50bhp... something is defintaely up with it. Running a steady 13ish:1 AFR, with around 35ish degress of advance.... everything I can do from the management side has been set to its optimum.... it HAS to be cam timing related.... arghh renualt!

any clue on what day i will be getting it back matt as i need it asap , ;)

lol the oppoiste of 'no rush' which you said monday :p

Will be done after japfest mate, we're flat out until then.

Depends of course if/how/when we get to the bottom of the problem....

Matt

Stripping the car now matt , keeping throttle bodies on it and selling them with car , as to be honest i have lost interest in the car now !! missed a few track days that i wanted to attend but never had chance to!!! most bits have sold hence why i need the car back !!! you did also say to me when i spoke to you that you had lots on and you wanted it done asap to get it out the door

Last edited:
  53 Clio's & counting
Is it worth looking at the VVT? your 100% its getting power it and as it does change the timing id say the problem could be with that because surely in theory it that MUST change the afr's and the graph must look different when it clicks in and out?

Is it worth looking at the VVT? your 100% its getting power it and as it does change the timing id say the problem could be with that because surely in theory it that MUST change the afr's and the graph must look different when it clicks in and out?

indeed, it should idle like a rally car when you fire the solenoid at idle

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
And i thought i was impatient lol ... at least i finish a car before breaking it :eek:

Personally, id want to at least get to the bottom of the problem 1st, no one in the 'the know' will buy it now anyway ... unless the problems discussed are fixed & gains proven!

And i thought i was impatient lol ... at least i finish a car before breaking it :eek:

Personally, id want to at least get to the bottom of the problem 1st, no one in the 'the know' will buy it now anyway ... unless the problems discussed are fixed & gains proven!

im not going to let the car leave there not running right am i now :S , i didnt pay £2100 for a car to be running s**t !!! im putting the car back to standard when i get it back and leaving boddies and cams and most other bits on it !!!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Seems like a really odd decision, especially as you have never driven the car running properly.
Hope it does come back running correct though

Seems like a really odd decision, especially as you have never driven the car running properly.
Hope it does come back running correct though

i have drove plenty of fast cars though bazzon , and know what a 200bhp clio should feel like , and the car was running properly bar the cam timing when i first got it , it felt fine to me when i first bought it anyway other wise i wouldnt of bought it !!! we will be able to see by the power graph if it is running right hopefully as i dont want a trip down to bath and back to gloucester again as it costs me diesel and petrol in both my cars

53 Clio's & counting
im not going to let the car leave there not running right am i now :S , i didnt pay £2100 for a car to be running s**t !!! im putting the car back to standard when i get it back and leaving boddies and cams and most other bits on it !!!

sorry bud, please expain what you mean :S

taking all the expensive bits of it like cage , kw v2's , etc etc , and putting standard bits back on , leaving bodies on as they are running different management , cams as they arent worth anything , 172 cup altenator setup , 182 manifold as its mated to exhaust ,

53 Clio's & counting
but that will cost you loads!!

Putting different management on, plus mapping will be over 1k, seems a huge task for nothing

but that will cost you loads!!

Putting different management on, plus mapping will be over 1k, seems a huge task for nothing

im leaving the boddies on there mate , i said i am leaving them on as they run different management , not touching them or management:nono: , the car will be getting sold for around 4k ish with them on !!! depending how much i have to spend on it getting it mint for when it sells

53 Clio's & counting
ah sorry that read as your leaving the bodies on but changing the management, i was confused by you saying your putting it back to standard but leaving on most the mods lol, bit of a contradiction

Nick,

Dont give up... not when its as close as it is....

We need to figure out what the problem is as it seems all the Clio experts on here are also at a loss!!

Matt

Nick,

Dont give up... not when its as close as it is....

We need to figure out what the problem is as it seems all the Clio experts on here are also at a loss!!

Matt

im getting a integra type r matt , and putting a bit of cash towards another van so i can get another van on for myself with my mate working for me !!! not giving up matt just fancy a change and could do with the extra cash of the car

Yozz'd up 182
Whos going to sped 4k on a car that doesnt work?

Or are you going to wait until the power problem is fixed?

Very impatient haha

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
he did say hes having the engine finished off and working properly before he sells it, just all the add ons hes selling, sus interior and such

Status
Not open for further replies.