ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few questions (warning, noob content)

Fiesta ST-3
So... I've tried my hand at washing my car a few times using the following process:

Wash,
dry,
clay,
wash,
dry,
SRP (by hand)
EGP (by hand).

Now, I used some cheap turtle wax shampoo stuff from halfrauds because it's what was in the garage. My friend however does valeting as a trade and gets trade prices on Autoglym products, and I have lately been helping out the odd days since being back from uni. I am just wondering if it's worth using the cheap prices and getting some stuff from him or going DoDo, megs, menz chemical guys etc etc?! Basically asking if the AG stuff is any good?

He uses:
Shampoo conditioner
Alloy Wheel cleaner
Tar and Adhesive remover
Glass polish
Radiant wax polish (I did a quick search and I understand this is SRP under a different name, is this correct?)
Rubber Plus cleaner as tyre shine

And I've also been given a packet of the feared supaguard :dead: How does this compare to EGP? (pretty poorly I've heard)

The next big thing for me is a machine polisher, I've been on CYC and looked at some starter packs and I'm really tempted when funds allow but for now should I go for the AG stuff at very good prices or is it a load of cack?

Any help is appreciated, sorry for the essay but I am new to this stuff and from reading the write ups by the proper detailers I really want to get into it!

STEALTH RAIDER
Dont really want to write an essay myself but what you really need to do mate is look on the same section you posted in. Most of you questions will be answered in around half an hr. Supaguard would be rated above the EGP as its defence properties are much much better. Every detailing and washing product is all about budget. The more you pay for a product, the better it is. Not the case with some products but you get my drift. As an example, You can pay £10 for a 16oz bottle of trim restorer and put it on every few weeks, or you can pay £30 for 15ml of product that will need applying every 2 or so years.

Lew

Bumder With A Buffer
Roflle £30 for a product that will need applying every 2 or so years.....it has a shelf life of a year though ;)