ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few questions! :)

a black one
Hey im dan, 18 got my driving test on the 28th march, got a 1.2 clio dymanique 16v and had a few questions,

first things first insurance - apparently fully comp for me on my own policy its 4000 if anyone my age has got quotes for cheaper let me know and does 4k sound about right?

Secondly coilovers, what is the difference between these and lowering springs? how much are they > would they make much of a difference to cost of insurance

Finally Colour coding and painting badges, do they clip off quite easily as well as the badges on the wheel, and is there anything i have to do in particular before thinking about respraying.

ANYWAYY thats about it , if someone could answer these i would be very greatful, cheers :)

dan

Turbo LY R27
Dude, if your paying 4k for your insurance, forget mod's like coilovers lol! Thats insane money, i paid half that for a 1.4 16v 7 years ago when i was 18. Cant believe how bad insurance is now! I found elephant quite good when i was younger.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I pay half that on insurance for my 182 and im 19 fully comp on my own policy some1 is havin u off there dude

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Where do you live?

My first clio cost me £1700 quid to insure and that was only 3 years ago.

£4K is them taking your eyes and stamping on them. :(

Sam!

a black one
yeah its something stupid like that It's rediculous.. might just go on my nans as a named driver she can be the main one its only 1200..., I dont want my clio looking boring, colour coding and lowering thats it really

a black one
i live in isleworth in southwest london... that could be why and fastdanbar i hate you :) i want a 182 for my second car they are so sexy, i bet the difference in power is rediculous, but yeah i havnt insured it yet.. waiting until i pass next week thumbs up ! :) i have been on gocompare comparethemarket ect, i have no idea why it is 4k... :S im going to go do another one as we speak see if i done something wrong.

Turbo LY R27
theres your problem, comparison websites are crap imo. Always given me far larger quotes than goin to places like elephant, direct line, HIC etc

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Yep quite a jump I went from an old mk1 1.9d though lol

Plus go compare is crap for our age u wana ring company's up for a price, plus u can get them to knock money off if u say some1 else has done it for so much ;) but don't be stupid and say they will do it for 500 quid because they ain't stupid lol just get a starter quote then tell the next company the best quote was 100 quid cheaper than it actually was then work from there and use that method on a few companys till it sorta evens out and they don't go down anymore

I guarantee no 17/18 year old first time driver will get insurance cheaper than £2,000!
Simply impossible, however much people moan and call us idiots!

Mine was £2500, TPFT. Try going directly to companies mate.

a black one
okthen.jpg

say no more really.. 6k now? wtf is this s**t

EDIT: JUST CLOCKED ITS 7K FML

renault 172
try i kube my daughter first car punto 1200 fully comp tracker fitted by them cant use car between 1100 and 0500 if you can live with that happy days

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Well there u go -2k lol but no compare are rele crap :S

Just remember the excess thing when ur on the phone ;)

a black one
when i tried ring them they said have u been on our website i said yeah and they said.. well the price is the exact same... where abouts do you live dan... its probably because i live in london

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Don't say that just say no i haven't they are robbing f*uckers also try 4youngdrivers.com and Adrian flux but ring them don't bother with a net quote m8

I live near Chester in the north west m8

Hmm what's your post code??

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Hmm not a great postcode insurance wise do u have any sorta garage on your home even if it doesn't fit the car in?? If so say it's in there as it cant take 20% off your premium ;)

I also hate you shifty!! Lol

I would also say don't say anything about mods it will be super stupid :S

182 Cup
yeah i know!! age helps!! i wouldnt ave bothered saying about mods if i was younger but thought as it didnt seem to add a lot, oh jus remembered got me dad on my policy which helped bring it down, if you have both parents try that but dont say its theyre car if it isnt companies dont like that anymore!!

If your the main driver it needs to go in your name.

If insurance is £4k, forget modding it for now.

Put you as main policy holder, and your nan as a named driver, see if this helps. Otherwise your gona have to bite the bullet, or go for a smaller engined car i think

182 Cup
im surprised with these insurance prices anyone can afford to drive anything, especially with the price of petrol!!

a black one
ben i got bought this car for my 18th.. its insurance group 3 1.2 cant really go much smaller than that mate. I would like my first car to go over 50 >.< insurance is rediculous

172cup/ insignia
Adding a women on as a named driver drops it more than a man does adding my dad to mine took 150 off but adding my mum to it took 300 off but if i have both on only takes 80 off . Also try admiral their quite good at prices

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Try Quinn, thats who im with just now. When i first passed my test at 17 it was 1600. Just renewed mine last month, 19, 2 years experience, 1 years NCB, Pass Plus and it was £900 which isnt bad for my age with coilovers! Also they dont care about any cosmetic modifications woop!

Jap Box
I guarantee no 17/18 year old first time driver will get insurance cheaper than £2,000!
Simply impossible, however much people moan and call us idiots!

Mine was £2500, TPFT. Try going directly to companies mate.

I got mine for £1800 fully comp with one write off against me, including modifications.

Even my price is stupidly high but all you lot paying over £2000 with a clean record for third party cover are plain dumb.

a black one
every insurance company i ring give me the same quote which i get from gocompare.. thats what i dont understand living in london sucks

Jap Box
every insurance company i ring give me the same quote which i get from gocompare.. thats what i dont understand living in london sucks

Tried any brokers? I gave brokerking all my details an they got me the quote for £1800 with aviva, I then had 90days to complete pass pluss i order to get the saving. £100 for pass plus, made a saving of over £2k off on insurance.

182 & Porsche 986
have you tried adding a female on the policy? wheni added my mum on it knocked bit off.. but still thats pretty steep for you there :(

Rusty Cup
When i was 17 i got in on a first years free insurance deal!! it was on a ford ka tho.... still insane risk on fords part if you ask me, guaranteed those days are long gone and will never return :( bad times.

My renewal quotes are a joke even with 11 years no claims!!