ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few recent pictures of the 172 Cup Racecar (to be!)

White APE
This been sat at JMS recently having this work done? Sure this is the one i saw in pieces on my recent visits.

Attention Wh0re! Was just the Project thread not enough attention for you? ;)

Lol, its never enough sweetheart! ;)

Lol no problem mate :D

As per your requests Russ and possibly others! :)

S1053899.gif

S1053893.gif

S1053900.gif

S1053892.gif

S1053891.gif

S1053890.gif

S1053898.gif

S1053897.gif

S1053896.gif

S1053894.gif

A few things you may not notice which I was happy with the cage was because it was such a tight fit, the cage could actually be 'stitched' (welded) to the body along the A pillar and between the top of the B pillar/roof to eliminate shell flex and not have to put gussets everywhere which has in turn saved weight.

I also asked to remove the steering wheel adjustment completely and lowered the steering column by just under an inch by extending some metal from the cage up front onto the column. This was an idea from the JMS race car and the idea went into mine eventually when dismantling the cage in preparation for fitting and the teeth on the adjuster fell out of the adjuster itself! It had broken into a few pieces so it was a good job I went with it in the end!

Russ any other questions just send us a Pm, seeing as your welding yours into the car go to town on the prep work! I thought I did a good job but once painted there's so many more things that could of been cleaned up/cut out etc etc!

Cheers
Nick

Last edited: