ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few snaps from CSCC 'Tintops' race at Brands Hatch.

Get a thread up Carl would be good to see/hear more about the car(s) and follow progress.

(Can forum members make threads?)

172 Race Car
Its worrying that both the BTCC 306s had problems! Makes me even more worried about using mine!
expensive cars, built for 20min races with big budgets to run them. Loads of custom made parts. Running them on a clubmans budget, running parts beyond their designed life and doing longer races, its not surprising they give a bit of trouble from time to time. Hope you got deep pockets.

I think both have had loom issues. again originaly the looms were changed very regualrly. I know they had engine and gearbox issues too.

When they work tho they are very quick

Clio V6 255,Clio R27
expensive cars, built for 20min races with big budgets to run them. Loads of custom made parts. Running them on a clubmans budget, running parts beyond their designed life and doing longer races, its not surprising they give a bit of trouble from time to time. Hope you got deep pockets.

I think both have had loom issues. again originaly the looms were changed very regualrly. I know they had engine and gearbox issues too.

When they work tho they are very quick

Yeah my thought exactly! they either seem to win or not finish! lol!

I follow the series last year and they both had no end of problems but as you say when they work they do fly!

But they have all been in clubman racing since coming out of BTCC in 2003 so really need lots of stuff raplacing, all at great cost!

I used mine only once on a track day and only managed 20laps before the gearbox broke! and that was suppose to have been rebuild before I bought it, so thats the reason it still sits in the garage!

Im going to run this season in the standard one and pull the BTCC one apart over the winter, rebuild it my way (a cheaper way) and use it next year!