ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few vids of car

I have been to Nothampton Motorsport today to get corner weights and geometry setup on my car.

The bloke that owns it took my car out to check out the steering problems I have been having (after driving over a pothole, lol). When he got back he had a quick look under the bonnet then came into the reception area and asked me what had been done to the engine. He said he was impressed with how it went and admitted he had expected to see TB's on it when he had a look, lol.

I asked him what he thought about the mapping and he reckoned he would not be able to improve on it saying it revved very smoothly. Although he thought he could even the lumpy idle out a bit. NOTE he is certified by OMEX.

It was nice to hear from an unbiased 'professional engine tuner/builder' what his opinions on the car were. I have always felt that the conversion had been a big improvement over the standard engine but with no experience or much knowledge on the subject you are left in the hands of the person you choose to spend your money with.

Luckily I chose to spend it with GDI and there reputation on CS has been validated.

**I was very impressed with Nothampton Motorsport by the way. Troy, the owner, is a top bloke and spent ages explaining the setup and showing me how he corner weighted etc. etc. a very interesting day. I was going to get it RR'd there but when he told me how much the suspension setup cost I gave it a miss, lol.** I got my 10% CS discount aswell - cheers Fred.

Lionel Richie
rmccardal said:
The reason I question your figures is because I have reason to. I spoke to the guy that dyno'd your car and you want to know what he said ..."It made an honest 215 brake"

DON'T see AWT engine dynoing their stuff??? hum

Your figures are bullsh*t. :)

I just hope Fred wises up soon.

already have Ross, your car nice as it is, isn't as quick as ours, so ner!!! ;) thats why you CONSTANTLY **** us off, spent more money and have a slower car, WHO CARES, get over it!!! (joke!)

I'm very impressed with the work Ben has done, took him bloody long enough, excellent development. as previously said you have the "fastest non TB'd clio" (to be proven)

you gonna prove how quick and how well it handles on track, or just stay on here and "talk the talk"???

you have NO idea how much stuff i'm scratch developing, BTW alot of the stuff we developed helped get your car out of the workshop, no qualms about it! but in return you **** us off, i worked very hard on our development stuff, you're not just slagging Yoz off, but me too!

i'm not getting into a slanging match, thats unprofessional, and quite frankly boring

you have you views, we have ours, lets leave it at that!!

LOVE & PEACE

FRED

see you on track hopefully

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
You're ok mr fred ;)

I'll be very pleased to see you release stuff you have designed and developed, I really will. (not that I will buy any of it) ;) lol

I agree to disagree ... in a minute.

YS had nothing to do with getting my car on the road. You may think you were instrumental in the dev of the omex, but it was already happening. I was talking to 3 people at once about the omex, one told me a week of dev, one told me "a couple of days" ... and the last one "a month at least"
Not worth arguing over now, its all history.

Yes you will see me on track this year, be a waste not to get it on. Might even let you have a ride ;)

ok, pease and love ... starting from ... NOW. ;)

Fred2001Dynamic said:
already have Ross, your car nice as it is, isn't as quick as ours, so ner!!! ;) thats why you CONSTANTLY **** us off, spent more money and have a slower car, WHO CARES, get over it!!! (joke!)

I'm very impressed with the work Ben has done, took him bloody long enough, excellent development. as previously said you have the "fastest non TB'd clio" (to be proven)

you gonna prove how quick and how well it handles on track, or just stay on here and "talk the talk"???

you have NO idea how much stuff i'm scratch developing, BTW alot of the stuff we developed helped get your car out of the workshop, no qualms about it! but in return you **** us off, i worked very hard on our development stuff, you're not just slagging Yoz off, but me too!

i'm not getting into a slanging match, thats unprofessional, and quite frankly boring

you have you views, we have ours, lets leave it at that!!

LOVE & PEACE

FRED

see you on track hopefully

Clio v6
Fred2001Dynamic said:
no problem!!

Dash, stop fishing for a discount LOL!!

Fishing? For a cup of tea maybe. Otherwise the service meets all my expectations.

I'm off to make a few phone calls, will check back later on any new developments.

E91 M Sport
MarkM said:
**I was very impressed with Nothampton Motorsport by the way. Troy, the owner, is a top bloke and spent ages explaining the setup and showing me how he corner weighted etc. etc. a very interesting day. I was going to get it RR'd there but when he told me how much the suspension setup cost I gave it a miss, lol.** I got my 10% CS discount aswell - cheers Fred.

Mark, its great to hear the positive feedback from you about NS, as I'm planning to book myself in there as soon as I've installed my camber bolts.

What did you ask them to do? What was done to your car in the end? Could you please PM me the cost breakdown, not being pikey, but I'd like to know what to expect, and whether I need the full works or just toe/camber?

Sounds like your mods have been well and truly given the motorsport thumbs up, nice one :)

Lionel Richie
cheers Ross!

(we still developed the OMEX!!!)

LOVE & PEACE

MarkM - what toe/camber setup did you go for?? (also out of interest, can you PM how much you payed, just want to check you weren't ripped off)