ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few vids of car

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

Those are only a few hunderd k each ... I have an account with fasthosts.co.uk that I use.

Freebone said:
how did you host your vids...i wanna get mine up but am struggling everywhere...its 30.4mb so a struggle to send

good vids by the way

rmccardal said:
Your mother is poorly mapped....

lol.

I am being blocked from uploading these at the minute. Must be internet security settings at work. I can imagine what it sounds like though.:D

Mine was over fueled at most points in the map when I had it remapped on the road recently.

The result of taking the fuel out made the car noticeably quieter with less bangs from the exhaust. Felt more refined but lost a bit of the noise.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
Map is fine, the pops at idle blips were programmed to be there.

Remember I have a wideband and afr meter in the car !! so i'd know if it went ka ka. :)

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
mark, yours was slightly rich over the closed loop area and a little rich on the top bits... some of the high rpm low load sites were pretty rich but you VERY rearly go there.... however a little extra fuel there is good (which is why i left it)

road mapping can clear up a few small areas that the RR cant get at... which is why we trim the maps on the road after its done on the rollers.

Andy GDI said:
mark, yours was slightly rich over the closed loop area and a little rich on the top bits... some of the high rpm low load sites were pretty rich but you VERY rearly go there.... however a little extra fuel there is good (which is why i left it)

road mapping can clear up a few small areas that the RR cant get at... which is why we trim the maps on the road after its done on the rollers.

The road map cleaned mine up as I said felt smoother and quieter.

My overfueled statement probably sounded a bit harsh. The mods made were small but noticeable.

My car goes like a train and fuel economy, if driven carefully (lol), is still surprisingly good.

GDI must have tuned the most 195bhp+ 172/182 cars in the country. That experience and customer base speaks for itself.

Clio v6
You are right there Andy. These vids always sound crap to me. It sounds like my lawn mover. Does it feel like its going to conk out on you when its idling?

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
You must have a hayter lawnmower ? ;) they are beasts.

No conking out with the omex. Vids were taken on a phone, so they quality isn't up to much. I still like the noise on the middle one though.

Dash said:
You are right there Andy. These vids always sound crap to me. It sounds like my lawn mover. Does it feel like its going to conk out on you when its idling?

E91 M Sport
Can I have angelworks headwork on my lawnmower please? Sometimes I feel it doesn't get around the garden nearly as quickly as Ross'. Maybe it needs a remap, it is a bit lumpy.

E91 M Sport
To be honest, those clips only indicate when the exhaust goes bang - the sound is so different to that its plain silly.

To try and describe what it really sounds like, well its like a mix between a normal clio and a touring car. The idle sounds seriously aggressive.

ant

yep.
a mobile fone mic is going to have a very narrow bandwidth!!

and hands up who's listening through shitty PC speakers? :)

306 TD Slut
whats with all the lights on the dash.. :( sounds sexual tho.

also liking the sweraing vid alot too.. C*NT!!!!!!

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
lights are on due to std ecu not being connected to the engine.... so it thinks there is a fault..... but its not running the engine anymore...

Clio v6
How do you get the warm orange stuff to come out of both tailpipes?

sparks.jpg

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
I am quite happy to take some from you. ;)

Clart said:
He dishes it out i'm sure he can take it, he's a big boy.

I'm sure it sounds ok in real life, but it does sound awful from those clips

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
Let me get some better clips, its obviously too hard to judge it from these.

The pops only happen as you blip throttle to 2k rpm at idle, and I like them because they are loud !?!!? It all started when Mike (theman2k) got a ford racing puma ... which does a similar thing on overun.

The idle is a lumpy as f**k because the cams are pretty damn wild.

If I wanted a nice smooth idle and run i'd buy a Clio 1.2 Versailles 97 .... you do realise the car is running 217 brake ?!?!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
MarkM said:
EVOgone can you expand on the reasons why you think it is poorly mapped (the car not your mother)

LOL....

My main reason is that it sounds like a bag of nails and the acceleration vid it also sounds rough.

I remember your car stalling all the time, im sure its fixed but seem that your cars are the development cars and experience mapping or using OMEX is limited......or you wouldn't be having these issues. Its all the part throttle mapping that make a good car an excellent car to drive.

There are car with no cams and SMT that have similar power....and i bet the Mpg is very poor (even taking into account the cams).....

Everyones learning, im just glad i wasnt the first car and waited 12months for it to be going.....

MKIII 138
EVOgone said:
Everyones learning,

the best thing you have said i think. notice how 172` 182` mods used to be exhaust induction kit etc..

now there are TRUSTED, PROPER tuning compaines out there who dont rip you off its good to see inlet work, manifold work, mapping, new ecu`s, TB`s, Cams, and an assortment of other things including RaceLogic TC, ATB diffs, Fully adjustable LEDA systems, cages, performance brake packages, H&S exhausts, prospeed, (not forgetting rentek for servicing)

i think its great people are willing to experiment, i can imagine recording the sound through either HQ mode on a digital camera or camcorder would work better.

nice work

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
I'll let the Andy/Ben answer your questions about the mapping as they are better qualified. But as I have mentioned, the videos obviously dont represent the true sound of the car. I wouldnt have taken the car back if it sounded like a bag of nails and didnt run right.

What I will question is what cars have this power with no cams and smt ?
Not seen any of those myself. There is a car for sale at the moment that has a claimed 212 without injectors or headwork .... not a hope in hell.

In fact your beloved yoz's car actually ran the SAME figure on th RR as my car with Throttle bodies, new bottom end .. the LOT.

EVOgone said:
LOL....

My main reason is that it sounds like a bag of nails and the acceleration vid it also sounds rough.

I remember your car stalling all the time, im sure its fixed but seem that your cars are the development cars and experience mapping or using OMEX is limited......or you wouldn't be having these issues. Its all the part throttle mapping that make a good car an excellent car to drive.

There are car with no cams and SMT that have similar power....and i bet the Mpg is very poor (even taking into account the cams).....

Everyones learning, im just glad i wasnt the first car and waited 12months for it to be going.....

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
:) I will give it a go, thanks.

meggerman said:
the best thing you have said i think. notice how 172` 182` mods used to be exhaust induction kit etc..

now there are TRUSTED, PROPER tuning compaines out there who dont rip you off its good to see inlet work, manifold work, mapping, new ecu`s, TB`s, Cams, and an assortment of other things including RaceLogic TC, ATB diffs, Fully adjustable LEDA systems, cages, performance brake packages, H&S exhausts, prospeed, (not forgetting rentek for servicing)

i think its great people are willing to experiment, i can imagine recording the sound through either HQ mode on a digital camera or camcorder would work better.

nice work