ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fiesta st quick??

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
f**k knows.

All I know is that I haven't had a car catch me yet and I've boogies with WRX STI's, EVO's, RS focus' etc

the guy I mentioned above told me about his old commute in which he'd see an evo in the distance of his rear view. Every couple of months it'd get a little bit closer, probably down to mods until he opened up the tap on the bike a bit and left the evo lol.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I love bikes, serious thrill, awesome noise. I just don't trust myself on one and they aren't practical enough for my needs. Nothing has ever got my adrenaline pumping like being on a bike, especially as a pillion.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
So many bikers are just rubbish and rely on the straight line speed. I was one of those which is why I don't ride anymore. Had a few near misses trying to be a better rider and got pissed off with the prospect of getting it wrong leading to junked bike or a hospital visit. Just so unforgiving. I have too much to lose these days. Also got fed up with the number of people that would pull out from side turnings having not seen me. Used to wear a huge high vis coat to work and some bloke still did a Smidsy. How!?

clio 182 trophy
So many bikers are just rubbish and rely on the straight line speed. I was one of those which is why I don't ride anymore. Had a few near misses trying to be a better rider and got pissed off with the prospect of getting it wrong leading to junked bike or a hospital visit. Just so unforgiving. I have too much to lose these days. Also got fed up with the number of people that would pull out from side turnings having not seen me. Used to wear a huge high vis coat to work and some bloke still did a Smidsy. How!?

That is one thing I don't understand about bikers. In cars you get used to the power you have, no matter what, after a while. Surely it is the same for bikers? Therefore once they get the fastest bike to aid their insanity, surely it gets boring after a while? There is only so many times it can be exciting going full throttle? Or am I missing something as I have only ever seen a few bikers who can go quickly around corners.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Asking the wrong biker. As I said i was rubbish. Bikes are hard to ride fast not that I'm any good in a car on the scale of things mind you. Being able to ride a bike properly is something I can see being highly addictive. TT on board footage is just insane. You just can't think that fast it's all honed skill and I'm convinced you just believe it's just not your day to die.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I forgot to say when I was here earlier that my workmate told me today that his standard ST 150 would 'ruin' my 172 when I told him his car was slow

Bloody Ford owners.

Z4

My name's Rod and I like to party.

My brother has a fezza ST, it's alright but the clios are better to drive, much more driver focused but to the average Joe they're very similar. The clios are faster too, significantly so.
The Ford is screwed together better (still cheap materials) and has a better box.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I beat a Fiesta ST last Sunday, caught him and passed him in my 182 without much fuss, altho I didn't have a lot left, I have just sold my bike that weighed about 200kg and had 160bhp to buy the Clio, the bike would see almost anything off apart from some other bikes, but I have to say, I don't really miss it at the moment, I love the Clio, and I can use a a lot more of what its got on a day to day basis... Clio is an awesome little bit of kit.....

Willo

clio 182 trophy
Awesome vid, especially seen as that S1000RR looks almost standard, there is another vid of him going away from I think an R8 on the back wheel.... ;), for ultimate fastness you will never beat a bike, unless you spend ALOT of money....

Willo

You need to be getting something like the one:eek:ne or a highly modified vehicle to be passing one of those. The UGR kits are mental.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
On track, yeah i would agree, comes down to liveabilty for the bike rider. But on a normal bit of fun ocaasion the bike would trounce a car.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Here's one that highlights that bikes have their weak points...as has already been stated above, in a straightline they're almost invincible.

Throw braking, corners, and crests into the mix though, along with some dodgy road surfaces, and they're most definitely not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMBar3SO6tI

LOL!

The video you posted proves quite opposite. Bikes are far superior. Just look at the video you posted. The biker is just messing about pulling wheelies and stuff. The car's proper going for it!

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Here's one that highlights that bikes have their weak points...as has already been stated above, in a straightline they're almost invincible.

Throw braking, corners, and crests into the mix though, along with some dodgy road surfaces, and they're most definitely not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMBar3SO6tI

I would 100% agree, you come up against a decent car on the twisties, and you will struggle on a bike unless you are very very good, or willing to take a chance......

That vid doesn't tell the true story, track is so much different, on the road on a bike you can't push in like a car, anything could be on road, unless to are talking about the I.O.M TT........;)

Willo

Last edited:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
LOL!

The video you posted proves quite opposite. Bikes are far superior. Just look at the video you posted. The biker is just messing about pulling wheelies and stuff. The car's proper going for it!

Was he doing that in the corners and when on the brakes? What was the car doing relative to him at that time? Falling back further or closing up?

Mark's point is clear, and also accurate. Unless you're Barry Sheen, you're going to have to be far more committed in corners to keep up with a well piloted car. Again...if you're stupid enough to be racing in the first place.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Having owned quite a few "quick bikes" I can assure you, if you come across a decent driver in a decent car, your looking for straights or traffic to get away, it doesn't happen in the corners, all within the speed limit of course....

Willo