ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fiesta st quick??

Had a play with an 05 st presume 150 bhp at legal speeds merging onto a dc. Both floored it in 1 st and 2nd and tbh he pulled away I dropped back before I hit 3rd as was reaching illegal speeds.. I had mrs in car so was 2up he was by himself I though the 182 was supposed to be significantly quicker than the st??

Yea tried to see whether he was modified but he didn't stop.. would the extra weight make such a difference if his were standard

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Don't ST150's respond really well to breathing mods and a map? They were restricted at factory for a lower insurance group for the bare yutes.

Be honest. There's only about 20hp in it. You'd need to wringing third out before having a hope of getting past.

That's if you were stupid enough to be street racing...

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

It's alright because he also made a Mk.2 Focus RS look stupid too. ST must've been a walk in the park.

Ref the OP, as previously stated they respond much better to mods than a 1*2 and the bits are more easily available due to sheer numbers sold. Fettled with, only 1 up, empty fuel tank vs. full, better tyres, better driver/less mechanical sympathy.... there's a lot of variables which could have been in his favour but the next time you meet could easily be in yours.

Swift Sport
As mentioned, the 185 Montune versions go well... I think it was EVO magazine that tested an ST Montune against a 182 and said they were about even lap for lap.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
It's alright because he also made a Mk.2 Focus RS look stupid too. ST must've been a walk in the park.

Ref the OP, as previously stated they respond much better to mods than a 1*2 and the bits are more easily available due to sheer numbers sold. Fettled with, only 1 up, empty fuel tank vs. full, better tyres, better driver/less mechanical sympathy.... there's a lot of variables which could have been in his favour but the next time you meet could easily be in yours.
I never said that at all..

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I once played with a friends standard one in my 197 and I could've ran rings around it. That said, my input doesn't help in this thread as 197s are significantly faster than 182s anyway. But hey ho.

The st is now turboed and I've not had a play yet.

£10 deposit then £20 on the day. Free tea and coffee plus bacon rolls .

Esp won't cause a problem unless spinning up the rubber.

That said, my input doesn't help in this thread as 197s are significantly faster than 182s anyway. But hey ho..

Flol Scott:)

is that before the exhaust manifold falls off. We all know that lardy mk3's are slow even more so the girly coloured ones:rasp:;)

Fiesta ST3
Op, is this your st rival driver or you making a stealth post?

http://www.fiestastoc.com/forums/topic/145193-clio-182/

Nathanw99 said:
Had a play with a 182 today thinking id lose but fancied my chances. my st is completely standard other than a full ss exhaust. he had a passenger he was fairly large a good 15 stone id say. took it to 70 and i was pulling ahead slightly very suprised.. didnt get into 3rd gear as wanted to keep to legal speeds (motorway).. anyone ever had this

Great forym by the way and loving my new st

You lost in a race mate. Accept it. Move on with your life :)

Last edited:
I owned a 182 for a week. My first ever one, long story short I'm the definition of lead foot and that fuel costs combined with insurance forced me to sell.

Anyway being the bellend I am and driving like a tit I had a go with a ST, both of us at traffic lights, pulled away and in 1st gear we both were the same with me red lining, put into second and I left him years behind. My one and only "yes I drove like a tw*t in a sports car and have a boring but not boring story in my eyes to tell about it" with it being my 1st and only ever driven 182 I can't compare it to anything else but it was stupidly quick. Put it into 2nd gear and the thing flew.

miss that 182. The new owner text me not so long after owning it asking whether it's been modded as apparently he kept up with a green ninja bike in the thing.

thats my two cents. Wasn't a race. More of a who can reach 40mph the quickest. It was me. I have accomplished life by doing so.