ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiesta ST to Clio 182?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Recaros are worth it if your a badge wh0re like me. I had them fitted to my 172 Cup, and kept them for my 182. When i changed back to standrards to sell, they were like night and day tbh.... standard seats are higher still, and offer no real support. I'll dig out a pic of side by side comparison.....

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I agree, they are better. Just not £800 better, especially given you could get a better seat brand new for the same (or less) cost.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Here we go

DSC01202.jpg

DSC01204.jpg

You can clearly see the extra depth of the Recaro (the drivers seat was adjusted as low as possible). Fro me they were worth the money, as they can be sold on at a later date. They cost me about £200 for two years use. How much is a Viper £250?!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Regardless of cost, the driving position is still poor. 10mm is not enough of a difference.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Not just seating position in the MK2 for me though. Lack of steering adjustment, massive wheel, offset pedals, gear stick too far forward.........the whole design is pretty flawed?

Fiesta ST
Would I be better with a Civic Type R than a Clio. I though you guys would be praising the Clio like s**t but half of you only say bad things lol - the build quality is putting me off but id love one to mod - perhaps a low mileage 172 cup would be best?

Titanium 182
Would I be better with a Civic Type R than a Clio. I though you guys would be praising the Clio like s**t but half of you only say bad things lol - the build quality is putting me off but id love one to mod - perhaps a low mileage 172 cup would be best?

Nope just being honest, all cars have there bad points.

I looked at a type r, but one thing that put me off is they are more expensive in every way...insure, tax, running costs etc
And they look boring! ;)

Listerine & Poledo
Any of the Mk.2 Clio's will make a Fiesta ST look feeble.
If you want something with moderate comfort, dont bother with anything 'cup' related, although the spoiler pack for 182's is worth a look.....oh, and those recaros are smart, but do they then mean any rear-passngers need to have amputations?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Trust me, test drive a 172 cup warm it up, then take it past 5k. They feel brutal. I still miss mine. The 182's feel to have less 'go' in them (i've had both) They both will pull a good few lengths on Fiesta ST's.

378bhp Leon Cupra R
Not devistatingly, contrary to what the world beaters on here will tell you, once rolling there nout in it

Danny i had a wee race with a Fiesta ST500 with that kit and i pull on him top end no bother.....just like it pulls on yours TBH!! :rasp:

Buy the way i'm selling mine in 2 weeks ;)

02052009081.jpg

02052009076.jpg

27102008018.jpg

black gold 182
yes get the clio.

the st should have always had 183bhp from factory - it was well underpowered from a 2ltr. so i wouldnt pay 1500 out of principle to get a car still not up to a 182's ability (IMO)

Fiesta ST
Some good feedback. Perhaps its best to go for a 172 then mod it with the rest of the money to how I like it. Is there much difference between the 172 and 182? I prefer the 172 cup than standard 172.

Rusty Cup
Im abit unsure as to what to do :(

Buy a 182 :) ive had mine a year (no problems with it so far) and i love it as much now as i did the first time i drove it, ive been slowly modding it bit by bit, i like modding this way as you can feel the difference each mod brings.

For the money i wouldnt look at too many other cars but thats just me i love clios, dont like mini's not a massive fan of the last couple of type r's however the ek9 civic type r has to be one of my all time fav's but its getting a bit long in the tooth now.

Fiesta ST
I was thinking. Type R = too old wth high milage for my price range. Clio - poor quality build and tacky interior, not as reliable. I cant really knock the ST, its an all rounder car I think just abit slow.

Might sell my ST and buy one in white. Im always like this, too undecisive. Im just woried if I go for another ST I may regret not getting a Clio (again).

b/g 182, meg tourer
197 cup an option? better build quality. good fun factor. great round bends/stopping. just as fast in a straight line as a 1*2. faster than an st in any situation and way cooler imo.

LOL @ everyone saying the Mountune 185 upgrade isnt worth it, and even bigger LOL at the guy who thinks his Clio pulls on a Mountuned one at "higher speeds".
Quoted firgure for a Cliosport 0-100mph is 17.9 in a Mountune 185 St 0-100mph is 15.5. It also brings the torque upto the same as the Clio.

The 185 kit makes a huge difference to the car, it turns it into what it should have been when it came from the factory.

Also, an ST round corners is a great handling car. Infact if you lot have a read around you will notice that the cornering from standard the ST is mentioned in the same breath as a Cliosport.

Mountune 165 is crap, makes it a bit more pokey with a bit more low down grunt.

Mountune 185 is immense. Keeps side by side with Cliosports with ease. The noise the new exhaust, manifold and cams make is well worth the price.

Final thing, before people start saying "well if you modded a Clio", dont bother. People were saying the Mountune is crap. Its not.

I almost chose to buy a Cliosport but i never, i preferred the look of the Fiesta. Some people on here seem to think that the Clio is the quickest car out there, The same people also seem to think its the only car that can take corners at speed - Its not. The Clio is quicker than a standard ST, by an awefully long way, But then again i know what i would rather be seen in ;)

Racing Blue 182
The Clio is quicker than a standard ST, by an awefully long way, But then again i know what i would rather be seen in

Exactly. The Clio.

No one wants to be caught driving a Ford. :)

Renault Clio RS 182
This was the question I was asking myself last year...

I opted for the 182, this was down to the overall cost.

A 182 was far cheaper than a ST, but the insurance on the ST was cheaper then the 182. I had always wanted a 182 and the overall cost (tax, insurance, car) was cheaper for the Clio so I was happy :)

Titanium 182
LOL @ everyone saying the Mountune 185 upgrade isnt worth it, and even bigger LOL at the guy who thinks his Clio pulls on a Mountuned one at "higher speeds".
Quoted firgure for a Cliosport 0-100mph is 17.9 in a Mountune 185 St 0-100mph is 15.5. It also brings the torque upto the same as the Clio.

The 185 kit makes a huge difference to the car, it turns it into what it should have been when it came from the factory.

Also, an ST round corners is a great handling car. Infact if you lot have a read around you will notice that the cornering from standard the ST is mentioned in the same breath as a Cliosport.

Mountune 165 is crap, makes it a bit more pokey with a bit more low down grunt.

Mountune 185 is immense. Keeps side by side with Cliosports with ease. The noise the new exhaust, manifold and cams make is well worth the price.

Final thing, before people start saying "well if you modded a Clio", dont bother. People were saying the Mountune is crap. Its not.

I almost chose to buy a Cliosport but i never, i preferred the look of the Fiesta. Some people on here seem to think that the Clio is the quickest car out there, The same people also seem to think its the only car that can take corners at speed - Its not. The Clio is quicker than a standard ST, by an awefully long way, But then again i know what i would rather be seen in ;)

Yeah but there s**t.

People knock the crappy plastic dash in the clio but the fiesta ST
FLOL @ the bright blue plastic !

Tav

Clio 197
If you bought cams, exhaust, remaps, recaros and coilovers for a Clio, as in the Mountune complete package you'd have something pretty special.

Exactly. The Clio.

No one wants to be caught driving a Ford. :)

Get a grip mate, you drive a Clio and I drive a Fiesta - both of them are hardly man cars are they. Infact if mine didnt have an ST badge on the back and yours didnt have Cliosport all over it, both of us would be raging poofters.

Yeah but there s**t.

People knock the crappy plastic dash in the clio but the fiesta ST
FLOL @ the bright blue plastic !

Hahahah yeah FLOL @ the bright blue RUBBER which is an option in the ST that you can change for Black, Red or Blue.

If you bought cams, exhaust, remaps, recaros and coilovers for a Clio, as in the Mountune complete package you'd have something pretty special.

And you obviously missed the point where I was defending the rant against the Mountune package, when somebody called it s**te. I was mearly saying it wasnt. Secondly, i completely agree with you, all that in a Clio and it would be a beast.

One of the first things i noticed on here when i joined looking to buy a Cliosport last year was how much you lot get offended by other cars, if its slower, like the ST, then they are simply s**te.
If its quicker than your Cliosport its ok because "i wil catch dem in da twistie stuff innit".
The Clio standard is quicker than the ST, but not everybodys reason for buying a car is down to pure speed. I just wish that some of you lot would just for once admit that cars like the ST are actually good cars.
They are certainly no worse put together than a Clio, and they certainly are just as reliable as the Clio so whats the problem?

b/g 182, meg tourer
my mates standard st seemed gutless to drive and heavy through corners. im not just saying it because i own one, but i would much much rather have a 182. everytime.

Id Prefer a valver

Hi I am selling my pride and joy 1.8 16v clio mk1 fully modified with bodykit, leather interior, full custom ice install worth thousands......

Please check it out....... My car has been listed on a auction on eBay were you will find out all the information just search for RENAULT CLIO 1.8 16V MODIFIED or Item number: 160348597637... As its an auction highest bidder wins.. only 7 days remaining...