ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FIFA 2011

Golf GTi Mk2
2 quick games on fifa lastnight, felt a lot different to 2009, I never bought 2010, really encourages a quick passing game I found, not scored or conceded yet though. Will give pes a go tonight.

I really hope there's some sort of online competition like the WC version. Otherwise you just end up playing against Chelsea/Barca every game and judging by those teams in the demo, they're going to be a step above everyone else.

DB.

BMW 440i
Just played the FIFA 2011 Demo,

Bit weird, as usual though!

Penalties are f*cking hard!

Penalties are difficult, had this way of doing it on the WC version, I'm still not used to it.

You manged to dive as a keeper for penalties? (360 version) my keeper just stands there like a lemon in concrete boots.

Fiesta ST-3
Pens are easy once you get used to it. The shooting is good, made some awesome last ditch slide tackles too! Love how the refs are sometimes leniant and sometimes strict. Also like changing the netting! Looks more sunday league type with triangle. Anybody been the keeper on arena? Seems pretty good

german
^ cheers for that, wondered why I kept missing the post by about 5 yards.

I quite like it so far, feels more raw than Fifa 10. The realism is better now; it's not as easy to ping it round and the tackling is more random.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's worth bearing in mind that this demo is still 6-7 weeks old. The full game has rectified a lot of the niggles within this build.

Here are David Rutter's twitterings :

@GregCharlie The demo is about 6 - 8 weeks older than the finished game. I think. My memory is going =) about 11 hours ago via web in reply to GregCharlie

@gluecks Correct - the demo has lots of bugs. It's about 6 weeks older than the game you can buy. Its the same as the Cologne version. 15 September 2010 20:33:13 via web in reply to gluecks

@ruttski Any last-minute changes done to actual gameplay stuff? Or is it just 'the right players are injured and you can save replays now'? 12:37 AM Sep 16th via web in reply to ruttski

@gluecks Quite a lot of last minute stuff - but seems like a lifetime ago...I'll try to get a list together. 16 September 2010 00:49:12 via web in reply to gluecks

LY 200
I love the penaltys!

I think the WC game was the only time iv ever used the practice option on a football game and that was for the penaltys. Haha

Wont be bothering with the demo, i'll just wait for the game.

172 Cup
Slide tackles on the new one are class, some right munchers on the go. As previously posted, the pens are a bit weird, not a fan. Played the PES 2011 demo, wanted it to be good, but again such a let down, like it has gone back in time!

I watched some videos of FIFA 11 gameplay a while back and struggled to tell the difference from FIFA 10. However the demo has so many subtle changes, it's definitely a different and better game. I can't wait for it! I don't really like football in real life but love football games.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just pre-ordered with Shopto.net who've been great for me in the past.

£34.85 with day of release free delivery.

don't
My local Tesco were selling the new Halo for £28 the other week when that came out, didn't buy it though

Will probably head to Tesco's before work on Friday next week and try and get it for...hopefully around that same price

F56 MINI Cooper S
think it will be a sell out/be able to pick one up on relaease day? i remember GTA was a nightmare to get, couldnt get it anywhere was all sold out

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Played FIFA 10 again last night, was poo compared to 11, can't wait.
Bring on the Supermarket price wars again too!

BMW E46 330i Touring
I've played the demo a few times and quite like it. Passing feels good and less "point and press" and its clear that build up play is vital and yet more difficult.

I'll be getting it from Morrisons. Out this Friday?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've played the demo a few times and quite like it. Passing feels good and less "point and press" and its clear that build up play is vital and yet more difficult.

I'll be getting it from Morrisons. Out this Friday?

Yeah, and the full game is much better than the demo according to those reviews above. Which is nice.

Play.com have the game in stock on their site, and have "posted" a few out already.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yeah the reviews sound really very good.

Am happy to wait a week and save a tenner from buying it at the supermarket I think. Doubt it would get played until next weekend anyway.

DCi
ordered my copy with play.com... notice they have moved it to the regular chart not the pre-order one, heres hoping I get it a bit early :)

It was on HotDeals from someone that works there, they've had some memo. I'd have thought it will be everywhere fairly soon, they normally wait for each supermarket to show their hand first, so they can under cut!