ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FIFA 2011

F56 MINI Cooper S
Im not talking about a powerful shot, Its a ball that barely makes it over the line, ive never seen this happen before in football no.

Skoda Fabia vRS
quite liking the manager mode actually, get to play the games and tinker with things

i reckon people who are 'into' football would get a lot out of this game, and im enjoying it a lot and i barely watch it

im managing Liverpool though on semi pro, so i might up the difficulty or play as a poorer team (though at the moment, who lol) as although im not smashing every team, it could be a little bit more challenging, got beat in a friendly against Barcelona though 1-0, struggled in that game a lot i had barely any chances on goal properly

LY 200
Rovers through and through mate, never changed. I hate Bristol City.

I can't score very many either. I either win 1-0 or draw 0-0 mostly. Is it wasier playing with Premier League teams?

DAMN! I was tryna be a c**t thinking you were actually a City fan!

I failed miserably there. Haha

And it depends who you play with in the PL mate! If you play with a lower team its not easier!

Skoda Fabia vRS
that's exactly the issue I have with manager mode though, you don't get to tinker with much at all.

for me, their is loads to play about with, anymore would be too much, but i dont really follow football so it might be different for others

Clio
DAMN! I was tryna be a c**t thinking you were actually a City fan!

I failed miserably there. Haha

And it depends who you play with in the PL mate! If you play with a lower team its not easier!

Not me mate, I don't even own a red piece of clothing because I hate them so much. Actually being bottom of the Championship with Calamity James does make me like them a little bit at the moment.

I just can't score. Must be my techinique then. I was hoping to blame the League 1 players.

Skoda Fabia vRS
what difficulty are you on Mace and what league are you in ?

i find the through ball results in most of my goals, although yesterday i got my first goal from a header off a corner, and ive scored from outside the box 3 times now

german
for me, their is loads to play about with, anymore would be too much, but i dont really follow football so it might be different for others

buying/selling players is about it though, or am I missing another screen due to the crappy interface?!

Clio
what difficulty are you on Mace and what league are you in ?

i find the through ball results in most of my goals, although yesterday i got my first goal from a header off a corner, and ive scored from outside the box 3 times now

I'm on the one above Semi-pro I think. World Class?? I'm not sure. I'm the mighty Bristol rovers in league 1. I'm about 7th after 16ish games.

I get about 5 or 6 chances a game mostly using the through ball but just keep hitting their keeper or blasting it over if I go for power. I've had a few headers but I just keep heeading them miles wide or over. Do you have to direct the shots with the left stick?

I haven't played a football game since Sensible Soccer.

Mondeo diesel barge
Through balls are where I get most of mine as well, I try the quick passing in to the box (Depending on the team). I've now decided to cross it in and aim for Carroll's bonce, I've now got the hang of heading (scored quite a few of his head), it's more about the position of the player, before I always found myself in the wrong position. Still to score any long range shots, never seem to have the space to get a decent one on target.

Skoda Fabia vRS
I'm on the one above Semi-pro I think. World Class?? I'm not sure. I'm the mighty Bristol rovers in league 1. I'm about 7th after 16ish games.

I get about 5 or 6 chances a game mostly using the through ball but just keep hitting their keeper or blasting it over if I go for power. I've had a few headers but I just keep heeading them miles wide or over. Do you have to direct the shots with the left stick?

I haven't played a football game since Sensible Soccer.

are you on Xbox ?

if so when pressing red to strike, hold the upper right shoulder button aswell

Si

RS Clio 172
No more doing it from outside the box like Fifa 10.

o rly?

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/40904359

I got this one too, although it's inside the box i find it's far more impressive as it's John Utaka. LOL

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/40904542

No special goals yet though. my fav was prob a random strike i hit with Andy Johnson from well outside the area. was just a fluke though.

LOVE how you can review highlights after the game. means you can save replays from online games, as above.

Porsche Boxster987S
massive f**k up from EA on this one. Some interesting threads on the fifa forum regarding the whole leaderboard being wiped issue. A lot of unhappy users!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Enjoying Manager mode so far, been doing a co-op with my flat mate with Villa on Professional, we're finding it alot harder than 10 though which is nice.

-
Anyone uploaded any footage with the crowd chants in yet? Interested to see/hear them as I wont be able to play it for another month yet!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Scored a critical goal last night, was awesome

I may now be overusing the finesse shot now I've figured out which way you hold the stick to put your foot under it :p

BMW E46 330i Touring
What, 'up'?

What I find irritating, symptomatic of all modern FIFA games, is that I always adjust the right stick when shooting depending in how I'm viewing the pitch. So, in practice mode, it's really easy to keep shots low and accurate because you're view is behind the player, but in a game, when you're side-on, you still need to get into the habit of pressing 'up' instead of just 'towards goal', whatever direction that may be. I always end up pushing left and shanking the ball out to the right for a goal kick.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
What, 'up'?

What I find irritating, symptomatic of all modern FIFA games, is that I always adjust the right stick when shooting depending in how I'm viewing the pitch. So, in practice mode, it's really easy to keep shots low and accurate because you're view is behind the player, but in a game, when you're side-on, you still need to get into the habit of pressing 'up' instead of just 'towards goal', whatever direction that may be. I always end up pushing left and shanking the ball out to the right for a goal kick.

Down, actually :p

Out of habit I was always holding up because I'd be running forward with the ball

M135i
Not sure its been said but there has been alot of times were ive been offside but nothing to do with play and still been offside and had a freekick given against me, Fifa 10 didnt have this problem so seems in this sense its gone backwards :/

What, 'up'?

I've never quite figured out how to shoot properly on any football games. I must just get lucky or do the right thing by accident, as I'm able to score some great goals

If I try to move the stick "up", then won't my player will turn and face that direction, then f**k up the shot? I normally aim it left/right depending which way i'm shooting...

None of this is EVER explained in any manual for football games. I guess they just expect people to figure things out for themselves?

Skoda Fabia vRS
i think they mean the right stick but quite how your supposed to do it i dont know, i only know the basic controls

DCi
bit like street fighter combos... i could never get the hang of them.

any one online on xbox for a match perhaps?

Si

RS Clio 172
I've spent the night getting beaten by Revels and another mate of mine. so so so frustrating. playing like a dick.

DCi
just had a proper weird game

this guy would not give away possession hardly at all, so it was a 0-0, went to extra time/penos and i scored... as soon as i scored he made 2 subs without pausing (?) but it didnt show the normal animations... once he kicked off he only appeared to have half a dozen or so players on the pitch and now the game has frozen but not disco'd

he sent me a message saying 'haha im off to bed loser' so i assume he has rigged this freeze and as soon as i disconect i lose.... so i'm going to leave it on too sucker.

DB.

BMW 440i
Im a Birmingham Fan, But just started my career mode on World Class as Sheffield Wednesday, as an attempt to get them back to the Premiership! lol

Signed a few young players on loan from Arsenal.

Only had time for two friendlies, and the first game against MK Dons, Won 2-0, 2-0 and 2-1. Last game was me scoring an 86th minute winner with good old ex Birmingham Clinton Morrison!

At Uni halls with s**t internet speed, so going to borrow my mates wireless thing to see if it can handle playing live or not on the Xbox this weekend, if not, ill just play career mode and my mates in my room!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Not a big football game fan? The majority of people will still be in a learning curve with it...

Renault Clio 1.4
People that quit are annoying enough, but it's even more annoying not being able to see the highlights because they quit. Just scored a peach of a free kick which I'd like to have uploaded but they decided not to continue after I scored a second.

LY 200
Back to what i said earlier about lack firepower meaning you cant get goals its the bloody truth!

I signed Delfouneso in the Jan transfer window and after 6 games he had bagged me 7 goals, 5 assists and helped hike cant controls tally upto 10 in 18!!!

Now iv just won a manger of the month award and am stuck in 8th after 28 games. :cool:

BMW E46 330i Touring
You harp on about 'pussies' playing on Pro and then you go and manage a Premiership team. Pah, trying managing a proper s**t side! ;)

F56 MINI Cooper S
im playing on pro, keeps freezing after a game though so i have to restart the console - damn thing.

Clio 182
I am soo fed up of beating people online then having them quit before i get the points and the win recorded.... Lame kids.