ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FIFA vs PES - 2011

SLK 350
I've now played 5 games each on the respective demo's.

My reckoning is that FIFA seems the better demo (game) by some margin. The slickness of the menu/UI, the fluidity of the gameplay, physics, commentary... actually, everthing in FIFA is just better!

Agreed?

200 Gordini
I'm a FIFA man myself and downloading it as I type. I'll probably give PES a go next week though.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah FIFA is better, IMO. PES has improved massively but the players still feel a bit "clunky" and robotic. Ok, FIFA has the "ice skating" feeling but they've addressed so many problems with F10 and if Career Mode is fixed, I'll be on it for a long time.

don't
only played 1 game of fifa so far... will take a little getting used to, looks and feels a fair bit different

Hoping to pick it up cheap from a supermarket on release date

LY 182
Apologies for the newb question. Where dya get the Xbox demos from?

I've literally played COD since getting the Xbox few weeks back and haven't checked anything else out haha.

No idea how much the people have been paid that have said Pro is now much better. It's awful.

Fifa is a million times better.

SLK 350
Guys keep it to 2011 chat, we know what's gone before :)

PES still seems to very obviously suffer from 8-way movement, spoils it... Hate the lack of fine control. Wish FIFA would let you play the soundtrack in the background during play!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Guys keep it to 2011 chat, we know what's gone before :)

PES still seems to very obviously suffer from 8-way movement, spoils it... Hate the lack of fine control. Wish FIFA would let you play the soundtrack in the background during play!

FIFA this year will allow you to import your own songs/chants for certain occasions during the game (goals scored, crowd chanting etc.), which is superb. PES have been doing that for 2 years now, in fairness.

Bumder With A Buffer
I just wish that EA make the online stuff a lot easier.

Its useless taking you allllll the way back to the main menu.

As always ill play both demos and get the one I prefer. Its been Fifa since 08 and I can't see that changing anytime soon, tbh the only reason Pro did as well as it did was for the sole reason that Fifa was worse.

Unsurprisingly PES is terrible again. I've grown up slating Fifa for its laughable gameplay and how PES was far superior.

PES 1,2,3,4 were leagues ahead, totally changed footballing games for me, but since Fifa 08/09 theres only 1 game i'll be playing and can't see that changing for a while.

none :(
I actually prefer pro this year, always been a fifa man myself. I will probably buy both like I did last year. I prefer the fifa career mode though, lets just hope they sort the online function out

LY 182
Played Fifa demo yesterday. Played 3 games and didn't score once lol! But I haven't owned a console / football game for years so I guess I'm a tad rusty! Seemed good though just found it freakin hard to get any space / time on the ball, but I suppose that's realistic against the comp.

Golf GTi Mk2
Camera angle feels way too low on pro evo, and I found the movement seem very awkward compared to fifa, much improved on previous efforts but think ea will get my money this year.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Unsurprisingly PES is terrible again. I've grown up slating Fifa for its laughable gameplay and how PES was far superior.

PES 1,2,3,4 were leagues ahead, totally changed footballing games for me, but since Fifa 08/09 theres only 1 game i'll be playing and can't see that changing for a while.

THIS!

LY 200
ISS and Pro ruled til 08 on the PS3 but from then on i havnt even been able to play the other!

The PES hardcore fanbase does make me laugh though! How the f**k you can religiously stick with a game just because its been good to you in the past is beyond me!