ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Final fantasy (1 for final maxim?)

What's the latest or most recent version that's out? I've got FF7 for the PS1 and never completed and just started to play it again, but the graphics are really letting it down for me. Just wondering what the latest version is and if it's worth getting?

Forgot to mention that it's for the PS2

Last edited:
  Mk2 Golf GTI
I think the latest single player playstation versions are Final Fantasy X and X-2.

X is a great game, i really enjoyed it but never completed it. f**k the graphics though, FF7 is probably the best game i've ever played, period.

Punto/Clio GTT
x-2 is latest for ps2, but really really dont buy it. i bought it and as an enthusiast im sad to say its s**t. its for girls. get ffx, much much better game.

theyre re-releasing ff7 for the ps3, maybe look into that aswell?

Golf R soon...
Hands down Final Fantasy 7 is the best in the series, believe me I have played all of them! :eek:

Anyone seem the film Advent Children, tis really good!

FM-AVA-696 said:
x-2 is latest for ps2, but really really dont buy it. i bought it and as an enthusiast im sad to say its sh*t. its for girls. get ffx, much much better game.

theyre re-releasing ff7 for the ps3, maybe look into that aswell?
Will it be the same as ff7 for the ps1?

I've only ever played this one, so don't know what the others are like, but are they all similar sort of things?

Reason I'm looking for a better one is that I'm fed up of the square people and want them to look like people, not lego bricks

Punto/Clio GTT
ffx is more advanced, graphics are superb, but less free roam like ff7.

if you like the world map, and you like running around doing stuff when ya want, then FF8 wont dissapoint

Punto/Clio GTT
DazG said:
Hands down Final Fantasy 7 is the best in the series, believe me I have played all of them! :eek:

Anyone seem the film Advent Children, tis really good!

yea, only thing i was disapointed with was the length of time we saw the other characters like nanaki n vincent :\

Punto/Clio GTT
Nightfire said:
Will it be the same as ff7 for the ps1?

I've only ever played this one, so don't know what the others are like, but are they all similar sort of things?

complete overhaul, graphics will be completely redone, fmv's, i dont think the story/items will be touched. maybe doing something with useless items in eu ff7 like the 1:35th shinra soldiers.

ff7/8/9 are pretty free roam. i found 9 dull n boring. 8 was awesome, 7 best game ever.

Cheers :) Will hammer through ff7 and try and complete it. Always get stuck on it so start again trying to get all the stuff before getting back there, but never goes to plan.