ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

finally got my v6

Mars Red Clio V6 255

well guys, after first putting up a post about wanting a v6 a few years ago, i finally have one. its mars red mk2 with 8000 miles on the clock and one owner. got it for £18500 which i thought was a very good deal.

i still have my 182 as i thought id just use the v6 as a weekend toy but i have used it everyday so far and love it, only bad point so far is the 17mpg i seen to be getting, but i guess thats cos i drive into london everyday.

the amount of looks the car gets is a joke peope stopping to take pics and drivers just staring at the car the whole time...very amusing for the first day but is now like pls just leave me alone.. ha.

anyway what i would like to know is were there any recalls for the v6 and if so what were they?

also ill be looking to get a sports exhaust in the near future does anyone know of an exhaust for the v6 or will i have to get a custom one?

niggles so far... bloody alarm going off in middle of the night 3 times so far anyone else had this??

will try and get pics up soon.

[Edited by kieron on 26 July 2005 at 8:01pm]

Clio v6

Quote: niggles so far... bloody alarm going off in middle of the night 3 times so far anyone else had this?? Yes Renault sorted it.

Good luck and happy V6ing

Clio RS 172 Ph2

Welcome to Vee owners club!

Alarm - I & others have the same problem and its caused by something tripping the ultrasonics inside the car, usually movement of air from passing traffic, or a cat jumping on the bonet or something! Renault claim the alarm is non-adjustable, others say there is a sensitivity adjustment on the ultrasonics. Failing that, just lock the car without switching the alarm on!

Recall - I think the 255s have had a recall for an ECU remap. Not sure if it affects all, but your local dealer should be able to tell you.

Exhaust - most rave about the KTEC system, though Ive got the renault stainless steel one. I think Angelworks do a custom built jobby also.

Cheers,

Dave

Hey hey hey Kieron.............good on ya.............brill eh.............you cant know what the road presence of Vee is until you have 1 eh then WOW.............its just like being a pop star eh :D

Cya Stu

To stop the alarm going off I have had it recommended to me to turn all the air vents to close and also to park the car without the front facing the wind, sounds weird but does work !!

Quote: Originally posted by mafding on 26 July 2005

To stop the alarm going off I have had it recommended to me to turn all the air vents to close and also to park the car without the front facing the wind, sounds weird but does work !!

Are you serious :eek:................you must admit thats :D eh

Cya Stu

Mars Red Clio V6 255

no pics yet im afriad, but ill try and get some done in next few days, and maybe some along side my 182 aswell.

Alarm - I & others have the same problem and its caused by something tripping the ultrasonics inside the car, usually movement of air from passing traffic, or a cat jumping on the bonet or something! Renault claim the alarm is non-adjustable, others say there is a sensitivity adjustment on the ultrasonics. Failing that, just lock the car without switching the alarm on!

erm.. how do i lock the car without switching on the alarm?? thought the only way to lock it was press the keypad. ha.how stupid am i going to sound!!!

thoughts so far, its fast, faster than i thought it would be as everyone who DOES not own one always says how slow it is and that you should buy a milk foat instead cos its faster!! its much faster through the gears than my 182 and much smoother, has power no matter what speed or gear you are in. its not supercar quick, my z3m coupe i had was just silly 0-60 in 4.3 and 0-100 in 11.2 sec, so nothing is really going to feel as fast as that, but overall im very pleased with her, and it really does get so much attention even more than my mates tvr tuscan.

am going to my parents country house in france in a few weeks time with a mate of mine, and plan to drive down to the south monte carlo etc, so should be a blast.

oh yeah and one last thing..how bloody hard is it to clean the wheels?? takes f~cking ages. ha.

Welcome to the V6 club kieron, glad to see you bought the best colour...;)

Enjoy

Simon.

btw, NO problem with my alarm going off yet:D

VaVa

lucky bugger....

I dont know if the V6 alarm is the same (I presume it is) but on the 172/182s you can disable the ultrasonics by swiching the ignition on and off three times. When you get out and lock the car you should hear four beeps to confirm it. Might help in the short term if its the ultrasonic sensors inside the car that are causing the problem.

i can I just say again.... lucky bugger!!

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 27 July 2005 at 1:23am]

Oh and can I suggest a Meguiars Wheel brush for cleaning you wheels.... help me with my turinis.. but only a bit. lol.

If Im off Im up for that...........not had much luck lately though for Crail/Knockhill/meets etc etc bla bla bla :(

Cya Stu

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 27 July 2005

All V6s at Donington park this September?

Oh by the way Mike be prepared to be BANNED................V6 specific.................tut tut................no no no :D

I did that once and got the maditory PM...............but I had an excuse I was new eh................whats yours :D

Cya Stu

Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 27 July 2005

Ah well Steve..............youre BANNED then :D

Cya Stu (with the rite kinda car :D)

Hey Stu, check out my avatar, do you think that is the face of a worried man?!?!? :D

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 27 July 2005

All V6s at Donington park this September?

Oh by the way Mike be prepared to be BANNED................V6 specific.................tut tut................no no no :D
lol Stu I spent hours lat night trying to work out how to post in a locked topic. Finally managed it (with a bit of cheating) and was not banned so I reckon I am INVINCIBLE!

Not V6s only, but lets get all the V6s there along with everyone else! I think the most Vees weve ever had a a meet was about 4 (Thruxton last year?) - we should be able to do better than that this time..

:D :D...............ahhhhh I love it..................youre crackin me up here Steve :D :D

Cya Stu

PS you should change your ID to Mr Coolio :D

[Edited by stusV6 on 27 July 2005 at 1:40am]

So you managed it then Mike...............itll be blocked now though eh :D

And Donny sounds good to me...............pick a date and Ill see what I can do about getting a shift swap if Im working ;)

Cya Stu

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by kieron on 26 July 2005

smoother, has power no matter what speed or gear you are in. its not supercar quick, my z3m coupe i had was just silly 0-60 in 4.3 and 0-100 in 11.2 sec, so nothing is really going to feel as fast as that,
4.3! What had you done to it? I know Evo timed the Z3M at 4.8, but 4.3!?

No Vanos in the V6....you lucky devil!!

But I know what you mean, I went the other way mk1 v6 ---> z3m (hairdresser version) and its in another league - will still own* a mk2 v6 one day though, its just such a cool car.

[*I mean own as in belong to" ;) ]

^^^^^thats the 1st silver Mk2 Ive heard of on the forum.............the best colour ofcourse eh :D

Cya Stu

PS got any pics wideboy?

[Edited by stusV6 on 27 July 2005 at 3:42pm]

Clio V6 255

^^^^^thats the 1st silver Mk2 Ive heard of on the forum.............the best colour ofcourse eh :D

Cya Stu

PS got any pics wideboy?

[Edited by stusV6 on 27 July 2005 at 3:42pm]
Funny that ive never seen another silver clio V6 255 before ever.................or red.......or lime green,..............or black................only ever seen 1 blue V6 mk2 ..............far too common;)