ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally got one - Iceberg 172

172 Iceberg
Oh hai! I'm new to Clio ownership so be easy! :rasp:

Picked this little handful up about a fortnight ago! Absolutely loving it so far, sticks to the road so well and plenty of power to scare the be-je-sus out of me! :p Been looking for one for a while now and insurance has finally decided to be kind to me.

Born Dec '03 with 35k, Iceberg, plenty of gadgets - climate control, cruise control, auto zenons/wipers, etc...

Mods include a K-tec backbox, k&n induction kit, Eibach springs, carbon bits all over and a coat of paint of the standard wheels.

Future plans are to drive and enjoy it :D Few plans to tidy parts up but nothing major. I'm on the lookout for a standard set of bullets and a set of aero wipers...

The car is in very good condition but there is alittle creaking coming from the front so I think a new ball joint / drop link may be needed. Also the carbon splitter needs a clean up, seems like it has a kind of scummy texture on it :( Plus need to change that little buzzing thing in the interior light area :eek:

Gave it a good clean today - a run with lime prime using the DA then a coat of Supernatural, the silver comes up not too bad :rasp:

4891309065_1982065ce3_b.jpg

4891910306_1a706bca19_b.jpg

4891311987_465c398f2d_b.jpg

4891911730_078fc1ae10_b.jpg

4891313301_0b8b9eaf51_b.jpg

4891908734_4930594f50_b.jpg

4891905990_d8c4d42422_b.jpg

4891908120_67f1bc6f22_b.jpg

4891309561_51cb2abb7c_b.jpg

4891907554_98ec1c9d08_b.jpg

Monaco Ph2 Clio 172
Certainly came up shiny!

Personally I like the bullets as they are, only thing I would lose is the stickers.

Bits round the window (don't know what they are called!) i'm not sure about. Never seen them on a 172 before.

Nice car though mate, enjoy driving.....

DMS

A thirsty 172
Those wheels actually look awesome.
My 172 is Iceberg too, and I have the standard wheels. I don't suppose you know the colour / paint code for them do you? Or is it just anthracite and the camera making it look lighter?

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Lookin tidy indeed mate, prop catch up with u at a meet for a chat didnt get to say much hangin out of the van :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
nice!

aye standard bullets, lose the stickers and wind deflectors and enjoy!

172 Iceberg
Certainly came up shiny!

Personally I like the bullets as they are, only thing I would lose is the stickers.

Bits round the window (don't know what they are called!) i'm not sure about. Never seen them on a 172 before.

Nice car though mate, enjoy driving.....

I'm not keen on the bullets so I'm either going for standard one or colour coded standard with anthracite lettering. The bit's round the windows are wind deflectors, I've had them on most of my cars and they're great - means you can have the window down abit even in the rain!

Those wheels actually look awesome.
My 172 is Iceberg too, and I have the standard wheels. I don't suppose you know the colour / paint code for them do you? Or is it just anthracite and the camera making it look lighter?

Yeah they are pretty much anthracite but with a mega sparkle in the sun - I think they were sprayed at a body shop with a custom colour...

Lookin tidy indeed mate, prop catch up with u at a meet for a chat didnt get to say much hangin out of the van :)

lol - yeah it would be good to meet more members from N.I. I'm up and down that road all the time so keep an eye out for me again in the future ;)

Looks mint. not a fan of K&N

I'm not a fan myself - makes a great noise but I'd rather have the OEM option. Also looking at the possibilities of a v6 airbox or a ph1 airbox...

Fiesta ST3
very nice mate :)

get some silver vision bulbs fitted all around too, will look better

i would remove the wind deflectors and that front sticker but thats just me,

get it alarmed for a bit of piece of mind

172 Iceberg
Cheers for the comments peeps!

very nice mate :)

get some silver vision bulbs fitted all around too, will look better

i would remove the wind deflectors and that front sticker but thats just me,

get it alarmed for a bit of piece of mind

When I got the car it has those "oily" effect front indicator bulbs and I'm really not a fan so changed then to standard one I had sitting around - I'll keep an eye out for silver ones!

Stickers are now off as of this morning! :rasp: Couldn't fully warm to them myself!

Anybody got a link to a website that sells good 21" aero style wipers?

172 Iceberg
Tesco. £3 each.

Or failing that, I think Opie Oils sell them too (see the traders section).

Went to a local Tesco's and there was a poor selection so I just ended up ordering a set off wiperblades.co.uk :)

CS stickers arrived today, and a carbon 'Clio' badge for the rear should be on it's way :rasp: