ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally I'm back in a RS Clio!

Having sold my 182 around 18months I have always wanted to get behind the wheel of a RS Clio, I was on the look out for a nice PH1 when this came up at a price I couldn't say no to...

7426825294_43887c4bdd_c.jpg

172 by JayS_182, on Flickr

7426819126_8a24390fe6_c.jpg

172 by JayS_182, on Flickr

Apologises for the poor pictures but I only had my phone on hand today.

When I bought it I did a deal with the dealer to take it straight in to Birchdown for the all important Cambelt & Auxbelt kit along with a few other things. I have had it about 3weeks now and I love it, although the cup interior is horrid. It currently on 75k and has some service history this was reason behind me getting straight to Birchdown before I had even driven it.

It's just had a nice detail today first chance I got not going to bore people with the methods or products used, however you want to know just ask. Plans for it are hopefully some Recaros, strip it, enjoy it and maybe track it.

It could really do with a alloy refurb as I found out today as the paint was flaking off as I was cleaning them and they are in abit of a state. Pictures can hide a lot.

Thanks for looking.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Plans for it are hopefully some Recaros, strip it, enjoy it and maybe track it.

Why are you stripping it if you're not 100% tracking it?

Looks nice though, I love standard cups. They just need to sit a bit lower and they're perfect imo.

Why are you stripping it if you're not 100% tracking it?

Looks nice though, I love standard cups. They just need to sit a bit lower and they're perfect imo.

At some point I hope to get out on track, not to sure when though. I'm still unsure as to strip it or not too.

Yeah the front sits a little high I thought at first it wasn't on the standard springs. I don't think I will be changing them though.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Get some prolines on there, nice wee drop, will re adress the high front end cups get over time. Be reet then :)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Get some prolines on there, nice wee drop, will re adress the high front end cups get over time. Be reet then :)

What makes them sit higher over time? Knackered shocks?

Turbo LY R27
Pro lines are great, I've got them, gets rid of the gap a bit, nice progressive ride, doesn't feel much different and still soaks up all the bumps with no skipping, less body roll to. Looks awesome mate! :)

Cheers guys, not sure I will be replacing the springs just yet few other things need doing first.

Jordi I have still got it, missus uses it though as I have a works van and this is my toy now.