ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FINALLY manufacturing defect...

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Ive just heard back from the insurance company and Im finally getting my no claims discount back for the manufacturing defect of my 172... :eek:

Theyve refunded the 4 years no claims discount Id lost due to the car catching fire... at 4 months old...

Its taken 18 months to get this back and Im now one happy bunny :D

Now Im ringing round for more competative quotes

Lee

BMW M2C

Thats great news mate. It really paid off not just taking the first verdict on it.

Out of curiosity what was it that had the defect?

Brings back memories of York in 2003. First time I ever did 1/4 mile was alongside your black Clio.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Jeez, I remember waaaay back when you posted up pics of your car after it happend..

Cant believe its taken this long ! glad to hear you didnt have loose out on anything, like lee said what was it that failed ?

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

I honestly dont know as of yet what they finally pinned the problem down to, at the time it was said to be a faulty wiring loom, I have the original report somewhere... I could dig it out but Im a little clueless as to where it is...

I only found out as I was changing the insurance policies round on the Freelander and the Leon, trying to get the maximum no claims for the Leon as the Freelander does very limited milage these days...

The woman said no you have 4 years on the Leon... I asked "what about the total loss vehicle" and she said its been resolved as a manufacturing defect...

Ive sat in stunned scilence for the last 30 mins...

Ive just called them back and asked why my insurance is still so high, to be told its the type of cars I drive lol... :oops:

Lee it seems like a life ago (York) we were both 1/4 mile virgins... Although I had the car for only 4 months, it didnt seem like that short a time...

KDF its so long ago Im wondering if I can get back any extra Ive had to pay on the insurance... Im guessing thats why theyre not giving me any discount now...so I dont ask for anything I may have over paid for this period back...

Lionel Richie

drinks on you then!!!!

shouldnt the insurance of the Leon come down now????

ooh shall i order those tyres for PINKY then???

they need to refund you all the extra you have paid since you lost your ncd, i work for uki insurance who underwrite tesco directline, churchill etc and thats what we would do. you need to ask though or it wont get done.

So you could be getting a nice sum back

great news hippy, well worth hassling the companies involved at the time

party at the expense of hippy ;)

though mines a coke, lol

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Cheers hun... Still no discount as of yet... Go figure as to why the hell not... just doing the REAL boring task of ringing round for quotes... ZZZzzz

So I have no idea why my insurance is still that high :confused:

any way pleased its now all resolved...

got my NCB back and now Im off lol...