ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ah I did that on my old Bora. Made no difference from what I could tell. The engine cover on the TT is staying so Im not going to worry about it I don't think.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Must detail sump.......

1511748_10152132693757579_1965008654_n.jpg

Ah I did that on my old Bora. Made no difference from what I could tell. The engine cover on the TT is staying so Im not going to worry about it I don't think.

I've been told on 250+ cars it'll liven up the DV action, so better boost offboost boost reactions. Mine does suffer a little, for example if I launch and the car in front doesn't go quite as quickly as expected, foot off, then back on again, it's a little slower to come back on boost.

Must detail sump.......

Sod. Text me back re Sunday beers.

Bless, he's a special lad.

Sent me that Strata yet boy?! Be going on the new brakes before anything else!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I've been told on 250+ cars it'll liven up the DV action, so better boost offboost boost reactions. Mine does suffer a little, for example if I launch and the car in front doesn't go quite as quickly as expected, foot off, then back on again, it's a little slower to come back on boost.

Mine was like that but it was the old DV where it was tired. The spring is a new standard DV opposed to either my original standard and bailey recirc is massively stronger.

Mine was like that but it was the old DV where it was tired. The spring is a new standard DV opposed to either my original standard and bailey recirc is massively stronger.

Say that again buddy? The spring in the new standard DVs is better? Or your Bailey is better? What's on the 240?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Say that again buddy? The spring in the new standard DVs is better? Or your Bailey is better? What's on the 240?

Sorry..lol

I recently bought the updated "N" version of the oem Bosch dump valve. The spring in this is considerably stronger than my old standard Bosch version and my uprated Bailey.

My car was noticeably quicker and drives nicer after changing it.

Sorry..lol

I recently bought the updated "N" version of the oem Bosch dump valve. The spring in this is considerably stronger than my old standard Bosch version and my uprated Bailey.

Lol, makes sense. Out of interest, could you send me a link? There's talk of how much the 007Ps leak, hence the 008P release. Tempted to just return it to standard and sell the 007P. Most will just pick it up on eBay and should make the money back for the new N version.

edit - yeah, I've heard similar reports.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, makes sense. Out of interest, could you send me a link? There's talk of how much the 007Ps leak, hence the 008P release. Tempted to just return it to standard and sell the 007P. Most will just pick it up on eBay and should make the money back for the new N version.

edit - yeah, I've heard similar reports.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-A...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cdb8e4bbd

I wouldn't run anything but standard now tbh. Mine came on boost harder, faster and held for longer after changing it.

As you probably know, Bill swears but the oem valve too. There's a few 400bhp+ TT's on the TT forum and all use the standard valve.

Sell the Forge and pocket the change for them spacers..;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-A...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cdb8e4bbd

I wouldn't run anything but standard now tbh. Mine came on boost harder, faster and held for longer after changing it.

As you probably know, Bill swears but the oem valve too. There's a few 400bhp+ TT's on the TT forum and all use the standard valve.

Sell the Forge and pocket the change for them spacers..;)

See, this is the thing. You read forums, you buy the s**t they suggest. You read later posts (bearing in mind my S3 is four years into my ownership) and they change their minds. The standard thing to do for a bit more power on the S3 was 007P, Custom Code and Green Cotton PF... And then you get "Tuner Wars". Bill advises JR filters, but have a feeling that knackered my MAF leading to 240horses for a while (even after the AmD debacle). Unicorn and my Audi Doctor guy in the NW, who runs a 600 S4 B5 says use the standard paper filter and box, as they're good enough for his and are the same design...

Anyway, that's my 3/10 rant for today. Thanks for the link buddy, I'll be buying now, fitting along with the vac pipe/N249 simplification next time I'm at Scrooge's and selling the 007P.

So then. That's almost £1500 in mods, preventative maintenance and general maintenance this month/week.

Contisport 5 x2
Cambelt change
Oil change and OPUP/filter change
Brembos + Ds2500 pads + ATE Super Blue fluid
Spacers
New Bosch DV (thanks Tom)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nice little spree that. I've recently spent a fair whack on the TT. Sadly most of it, as yours, is just preventative maintenance /general maintenance.

Just spoke to the garage mine is at and they changed my rear diff oil free of charge with my Haldex change. Bonus.

Whats next? ARB?

Nice little spree that. I've recently spent a fair whack on the TT. Sadly most of it, as yours, is just preventative maintenance /general maintenance.

Just spoke to the garage mine is at and they changed my rear diff oil free of charge with my Haldex change. Bonus.

Whats next? ARB?

That's a winner buddy! Nice!

Next is springs and the rARB, yes. Then likely DP and TBE, followed by a FMIC I think. Even if I don't map to suit, it'll keep the horsepower constant rather than heat soaked from the SMICs.

I'd avoid the conti's if you can afford the pilotsport3's. The conti's just wore out far too quickly imo.

Interesting, but too late me thinks Dan. I've got Contis all round as well, so would rather keep 4x the same for now.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
He was on here a while, nice chap it seemed. Preferred normal 1.8t A3 over S3 iirc.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
You do 2k a year. Those tyres will last you until you get engaged.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I remember jardo when he was on here..lol!

Honestly that's no surprise. The standard valve is excellent. The only problem is when they'd been used for a 100k and someone maps the car. Still at £30 they're almost disposable.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Really?? When I had them they lasted 4k...

Either you drive like a spoon everywhere or have an aggressive geo set up.

That's hardly an example of a normal sample. We have 7 Audi lease cars with conti's on and they'll do, 20k for the fronts and 35k on the rears.

He was on here a while, nice chap it seemed. Preferred normal 1.8t A3 over S3 iirc.

Nice enough when not being wound up. Liked to keyboard warrior it up, still does on AS.net.

You do 2k a year. Those tyres will last you until you get engaged.

True.

Yeah I remember jardo when he was on here..lol!

Honestly that's no surprise. The standard valve is excellent. The only problem is when they'd been used for a 100k and someone maps the car. Still at £30 they're almost disposable.

Yep. But when you're a newbie, you don't see that, you just see the first things that come up.

Really?? When I had them they lasted 4k...

Either you drive like a spoon everywhere or have an aggressive geo set up.

That's hardly an example of a normal sample. We have 7 Audi lease cars with conti's on and they'll do, 20k for the fronts and 35k on the rears.

As above, Dan - not sure how you managed that. I've had the rears on for >20k and they now need replacing (having been on the front and changed to the rears when new ones were required).

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
If you are killing tyres in 4k on the road you need to have a word with yourself.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
First time I've read this, not a bad little hatch. Wouldnt mind one myself but never been a huge fan of the handling on the Golf / A3 chassic, only driven in 2wd form though

How hard have you found the paint? Had a little play with P1 by hand and it didn't seem as hard as the Golf

Clean ur steering wheel its shiny.

Looks nice.

Did it that day - it gets very dirty, quite quickly for some reason. Clean it every month near as damn it.

First time I've read this, not a bad little hatch. Wouldnt mind one myself but never been a huge fan of the handling on the Golf / A3 chassic, only driven in 2wd form though

How hard have you found the paint? Had a little play with P1 by hand and it didn't seem as hard as the Golf

Cheers, Dave. Paint is pretty hard. 203s corrects it well, but took multiple IP3.02 hits first time around. But to be honest, it now just gets AF3 on it as that just looks so good.

Nose.

New tyres today (ContiSpotmrt5s) and 15mmF/20mmR spacers fitted. These have brought the wheels out nicely but clearly show it needs a drop of about 20mm!!

Brakes cleaned up.

teturana.jpg

I'll get these fitted, can let next weekend, N249 simplification and standard DV fitted and she'll be looking well.

Next steps are springs and an r32 rARB.

Fitted the brakes and due to the recent issues with hydr02 she was also given a good going over.

vyzaha9y.jpg

azu2eju6.jpg

y9u3apy7.jpg

Still in two minds about keeping it. One part of me says put the money into the house and at in with the s3 as it's reliable/does everything well. Another side of me wants some "mid life crisis"esque, like a Porsche or z4mr... Time will tell.