ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First attempt at wrapping

Octavia VRS LE
Bought some matte black vinyl off the bay and it got delivered today so me and my girlfriend (who did most of the work) went about wrapping the inside chrome rings in the cooper. Only got the center done today as i cannot seem to work out how the speed dials come off. Not bad for a first attempt as you can see from the pictures there are some bubble but i can live with it. (anything is better than the chrome) Once i get a bit more experience i think i will re-do it.
Here is a before shot;

IMG_1744.jpg

and afterwards

temporary-20.jpg

Octavia VRS LE
I think the bubbles came because of the way we tried to fold it over and do the inside of the rings, not sure if we should have used two separate pieces on each ring instead of one.

orange 182
I think the bubbles came because of the way we tried to fold it over and do the inside of the rings, not sure if we should have used two separate pieces on each ring instead of one.

Looks alright to me, try using a hairdryer- stops any creases

Octavia VRS LE
Thanks guys I just got the wrap and went for it, didn't look for any guides etc, next time I will try the hairdryer. Got a lot left so may do the chrome bit on the boot and see if I have enough left for the interior etc. Does anyone have any experience of taking the Speedo and rev counter rings out?

Octavia VRS LE
Really? I personally think the chrome looks tatty and cheap, the matte black makes it look subtle and not so much in your face. Can't really say it looks like a poverty spec interior with the nav :p

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Would it have cost much to get a second set and just spray them? Sat nav screen needs a clean ;-).

Really? I personally think the chrome looks tatty and cheap, the matte black makes it look subtle and not so much in your face. Can't really say it looks like a poverty spec interior with the nav :p

i suppose you cant call it pov spec with nav, but i would of gone for a gloss black or maybe got a second set and sprayed them antracite which i have in my GT and it looks great its not in your face and it doesn't look like a boggo model, just ties in nicely,

what colour is your mini ? cause that could also influence the colour

Turbos.
Not a good move in my eyes, because as said, looks poverty now. The chrome is nice when teamed up with shiny carbon fibre bits, IMO. This was my old JCW:

P1070322.jpg

P1070417.jpg

P1070319.jpg

If i had it longer i would have sorted the handbrake and surrounding area in a similar way.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Good choice tbh you'd be better of spraying them I didn't even have to prep them or sand etc, matte black from halfords seems to cover everything perfectly!

Plus you can get the ring sets off eBay dirt cheap I manged to get all the dials and dash for £25 then sprayed em up