ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First big clean of my 172

Monaco 172
Right been hanging about here for a while now so thought I better get posting. Did a sort of mini (2days) detail of my car. Started off yesterday morning and finished up tonight. Here is run down of what happened and some before and after pics, didn't get to many during polishing as garage doesn't have great light and just wanted to crack on with it.

So far I have the car for almost 2months and only washed it about twice due to working away alot, I have also raised the car up as it was sitting on Apex -40mm springs so I have fitted Eibach Pro Kit, fitted a new engine cover as it didn't come with one and also new Renaultsport Badge

So first up rinsed with pressure washer then treated bottom of car and door shuts etc with Super Degreaser 10:1 mix.
Then washed entire car with Autoglym shampoo 2BM
Removed old style Renault Sport badge
De-Tar and Clay Bar
Cleaned and scrubbed wheels and tyres
Blasted and cleaned up engine bay again with Super De-Greaser
Washed whole car again before drying
Then off into the garage
For polishing I've been wanting to try this for a while so I just went with Dodo Juice Lime Prime on a Menzerna polishing pad with the G220, and spent quite a bit of time with this to try and get as good a job as possible, this process ran into day 2.

This morning Finished polishing the car.
Dressed up engine bay with Aerospace 303.
With the car still all masked up applied Blackfire Wet Diamond to entire car by hand and left to set (approx 1hr)
Applied 2 coats of PoorBoys Wheel Sealant to the alloys and dressed up the Tyres with Megs Tyre Gel.
Removed Wet Diamond and buffed with Megs Soft Towel
Polished windows with some Autoglym Glass polish

Then the last job was to hoover out interior and give the dash and other parts a good clean up ready for some pictures.

Here we go some before

DSC_0001.gif

DSC_0002.gif

DSC_0003.gif

DSC_0004.gif

DSC_0005.gif

DSC_0006.gif

DSC_0007.gif

DSC_0008.gif

DSC_0009.gif

DSC_0010.gif

My Goodies to help me!
DSC_0011.gif

Monaco 172
Here are the after shots

DSC_0012.gif

DSC_0013.gif

DSC_0014.gif

DSC_0015.gif

DSC_0016.gif

DSC_0017.gif

DSC_0018.gif

DSC_0019.gif

DSC_0020.gif
DSC_0021.gif

DSC_0022.gif

DSC_0023.gif

DSC_0024.gif

DSC_0025.gif

DSC_0026.gif

Sorry forgot to take pics of the engine bay, which is crap coz it was looking great too.

Next on the list of things to do is pick up my cup spoiler and get it painted/fitted then sort out my Xenons as they are looking a bit dodgy.

Thanks for looking, Comments welcome.

Monaco 172
Yeah it does did about 100miles in it on Sat and it's minging again but at least it's got some good protection on it now and should clean up easier now.

RS badges can be had of eBay but you won't find them cheap anywhere, expect about 30-40quid!!