ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FIRST CAR 1.2 16V CLIO DYMANIQUE HELP!!!!!!!!

clio mk2 1.2
Hello im new to this forum i've just bought my sisters 1.2 16v clio and the sunroof leaks any ideas how to fix that?? and also im thinkin of doing an 172 conversion how much would that cost and what parts would i need besides engine and gearbox, but then again i might just get it re-mapped and tuned abit would that be worth it HELP???

Clio II 1.2 16V
Enjoy the 1.2 for what it is, save and buy a real 172. As for the suroof, use the search above, you finf it's been covered loads of times.

clio mk2 1.2
thanks for the replies guys and i could save up for the 172/182 car but im wanting to do the conversion really bad

clio mk2 1.2
because if i was to buy the 172 it would cost a bomb to insure it mate im a new driver and any ideas what to do with the sunroof you think if i put some waterproof sealant that would work??

X2 Clio Valvers
i was going to do the conversion and not tell insurance

Doable but wouldn't advise of it... Call me a bore if you like but personally I'd buy an official 172, yeah the insurance will be more expensive than a 1.2 but if it's what you want you might as well go legit, if it's not necessarily the power from the 172 you want you could just put a 172 kit on yours? Make it a replica
Another option, would be if you love 172s that much, buy one that needs work, do it up while your driving your 1.2 and get some ncd behind you
As for the sunroof, I'd tiger seal it, or if you want to be able to use it still have it done properly, I had mine done on my valver, never leaked since either

clio mk2 1.2
thanks gus youve really helped me make my decisions think im gonna put the body kit onit and a few oher bits and buy an 182 that needs some work doing to it or an megane f1 230 thats what i wanted for my second car

clio mk2 1.2
dont you think i did that it wasent any help thats why ive asked people on this you know a CLIO FORUM wich is better than google soo please dont be rude when this forum is ment for information about clio's

dont you think i did that it wasent any help thats why ive asked people on this you know a CLIO FORUM wich is better than google soo please dont be rude when this forum is ment for information about clio's

He's not being rude. If you use the search function, you will see that the leaking sunroof has been covered many times mate also if you pay for a subscription you can see the guides and there one in there