ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

first car/first project

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
Hi, i have been on the forum for about 1-2 years since i was about 15 and after seeing some mint examples (JD,foxy,Christopher ETC) i decided i wanted to get a 1.2 16v dynamique for my first car, around this time i got a part time job in a local garage and started saving etc..any way i recently just bought this

it needed a few things doing ..wheel bearing and the bumper needing replacing amongst a few other little niggles im doing the majority/all the mechanical work as im an apprentice

i got it home and replaced the bearing asap and removed the tint from the rear lights i then set about sourcing a rear bumper and got this...

the car had some modification powerflow back box, window tints lowered 60mm all round also came with some goodies in the boot which needs sorting out aswell

Attachments

• media.jpg
    media.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 88
  • ADFKF2UCADWLL5UCAZHMGIPCAE030N1CAE4QVWJCA44UUVQCA0NN3IACAXGNM4JCABMI3KKCAFO6MKBCA9YK3PECAGHTTD6C.jpg
    ADFKF2UCADWLL5UCAZHMGIPCAE030N1CAE4QVWJCA44UUVQCA0NN3IACAXGNM4JCABMI3KKCAFO6MKBCA9YK3PECAGHTTD6C.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 111
  • AOTXQI4CAUM35V5CASL1JZCCALTCPTVCAHERK2WCA6FE99MCA8H6JSHCAW9OKLKCAJ8QVSECAG3GICPCACZ5I5VCAYUAOUZC.jpg
    AOTXQI4CAUM35V5CASL1JZCCALTCPTVCAHERK2WCA6FE99MCA8H6JSHCAW9OKLKCAJ8QVSECAG3GICPCACZ5I5VCAYUAOUZC.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 118
  • !BV1hhU!!mk~$(KGrHgoOKjMEjlLmV-moBKUjlSLObQ~~_1.jpg
    !BV1hhU!!mk~$(KGrHgoOKjMEjlLmV-moBKUjlSLObQ~~_1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
  E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
can anyone tell me how to space the pictures and resize them please as i would also like to add more etc

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
looking good so far mate!

just leave a gap between each one

pic

pic

pic

ect :)

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
thanks, sorry for sounding thick but i clicked on manage attatchments it just puts them all at the bottom of the page?

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
you need to upload them to a photohosting site
try photobucket.com then copy the direct link into the box with the mountain on the posting window on here

hope that makes sense :)

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
right, thanks il update it tomorow with the pictures etc spaced properly

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
UPDATE

also managed to get some pictures
day i picked her up
017.jpg

First then i did was remove the rear tints
before
AOTXQI4CAUM35V5CASL1JZCCALTCPTVCAHE.jpg

After
020.jpg

i also replaced my wheel bearing in the week whilst i waited for the bumper to arrive..the disaster struck. The bumper match was well off and the grill broke time for a rs now !:cool:
this was the bumper i bought from ebay
BV1hhUmkKGrHgoOKjMEjlLmV-moBKUjlSLO.jpg

Fitting..
018.jpg

i was then left with this mess...
019.jpg

A quick phonecall to a good mate and the car is now going to the body shop for another spray of the bumper new grill,new badge. also a good machine polish/detail

PLANS ARE:
(when back from bodyshop)
deep interior clean
HID kit
flat wipers
maybe a decent set of shocks and springs
172 wheels
flip out monitor of some sort
a few other things which i cant rember at the minute

will be another update once back from the bodyshop, kind of torture watching it come together and not being able to drive got my test at the end of august (fingers crossed)

Last edited:
  E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
the bumper has now beeen sent to the body shop will be another update when back

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
Right, bit of a c**k up this week bumper i supplied was not worth painting so another brand new one has been bought, also ordered lots of little things from cliospares:star:
hoping to have the car in a half decent state by friday will update soon

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
not much going on, will be sorting out a bit more this weekend unfortunatley i failed my driving test :(

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
^was going to but i would like to get some 172 alloys,and a screen first maybe after xmas

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
update!

At last i got back to refitting my bumper perfect match and ended up buying and brand new bumper from renault and also replaced the grill
Fitting.
carproject006.jpg

Finished
[/B][/U]
[B][U]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj186/tooting2007/carproject008.jpg

carproject007.jpg

also found out why there is a extra switch wired in...
carproject003.jpg

not sure about these may rip these out at some point

this week the car is getting serviced,replacing a track rod end and tracking
i will then tackle this mess
carproject009.jpg

also been looking into powerflow exhaust system to replace this loud chav one slash cut etc?
Ideas welcome for the boot and exhaust?

Clio 182 BG
hey, plans sounds good, nice car too:)

you have bought a brand new bumper?
why didn´t you buy a 1*2 bumper and cc it and fit to your car?

Missed my Clio & DC2 Now
I got a full set of APEX 40mm lowering supension kits are sitting in my garage, if you want it just sent me a pm

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Just two mins from bluewater think I've seen your car around. Looks good

You'll probably hear it first haha :eek:

Let us (the ClioSport collective..) know when you're on the roads as we definitely need a CS mini-meet at Asda/Wharf/somewhere else near by !

Good luck with it all :cool:

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
LITTLE UPDATE

Decided to service the car while servicing the car i discovered the rad is leaking very slightly and cant find the recipt for the cambelt now:S now going to change cambelt and rad will update boot next week

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Really nice for a first car tbh mate, I was gunna say get rid of those badly 'tinted' rear lights, but you already have! Looks 10 times better now :)

Good work!

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Great little first car! Im glad you removed those woeful tints from the rear lights, only a CHAV would dare put those on! The standard ph2 lights look so neat!

Rs grill perhaps?
Multi-spoke Wheels

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
yeah lights were so chavvy, looking into getting some 172 wheels and apex shocks and springs but this will be over the next few months. will be keeping this updated though

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
update

The car is now mechanically all sorted, got round to the sorting the boot out.
i made a bit of a mess up so with the help of RIO (R DIZZEL) and ROB (ROBBOS) it was soon sorted
rob turned this mess
carproject009.jpg

into this
004.jpg

005.jpg

ROB is a top man!

also gave her a quick clean
006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

thanks for looking!
on the lookout for some 172 wheels soon and a hid kit

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
got some 172 wheels arriving sunday will be getting refurbed:) was going to get just normal silver any ideas?