ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Car!

Clio 1.5 dci
Hi there,

I passed my test about 5 weeks after I turned 17 back in the summer and go myself a clio 1.5dci 65 expression. I absolutely love the car even though ive had nothing but problems with it! ive had to replace the glow plugs, wiring loom, water pump, altenator & an engine mount, but hey ho, these things happen. anyway i became a member of the site about a week ago so thought id put a post up. Not alot done to the car but so far there is a set of BK racing 16'' wheels, kenwood headunit, vibe bandpass sub, bee sting aerial and the cliosport.net sticker! ;)

since im studdying for my A-levels im only working one day aweek so im saving up the pennies for a few more jobs on the list. there are:
bump strips &wing mirror plates colour coded
roof, drivers side quarter panel and rear bumper re-spray
35mm lowering springs
dash strips carbon wrapped or painted
RS Grille

any comments would be much appriciated...

car3.jpg

car2.jpg

car1.jpg

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Looks tidy enough for a first car. I'd probably not bother with mods that will affect insurance. I'd imagine it's sky high already. Small, cheap cosmetic items only IMO.

Mk1 Focus RS
looks nice pal! not a fan of the alloys tbh.

but if i was you i wouldnt bother modifying it, just save the pennies up, get your education and when insurance allows get a RS clio...sorted.

Onto an insurance/tax/MPG winner with the DCI though! Colour coding will improve it massively (take a look at the stickied "modified non-sports" thread in general discussion (I think) for ideas)

Personally think the wheels are far too shiny, but then I dislike anything dub/scene/lowz/JDM y0/halfords/fake-GT/fake-LM/LM-or-GT-on-a-clio. Maybe they'll look a bit less out of place once the car is lowered.

Last edited:
  Clio 172
I Really Like The Rims, Looks Decent Maybe Get It Lowered Abit. But Decent Car For A First.
Like The Sound Of The Upgrades Aswell.
Good Work.