ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First cleaning prep... Tonight

Formally Clio 182
Right, picked up my 182 a few days ago and from the rain we had i'm in a mood to clean it tonight.

I'm gonna need some advise to what cleaning solutions I need to buy from Halfords as that's the easiest place from me to go after work.

If you could, please list the top things to use and their estimated price.

Thanks

ST
Zymol autowash £6-7, or megs gold class £13-14 are the only two decent shampoo's that halfords sell, dont go near megs NXT or any of their cheaper stuff.

TeZ

Non RS : (
i use megs gold, with a sonus wash mitt,

then you will want to dry it

maybe polish and a wax onto mate will look better.

unless you want us to give some detailed explanations on full clean/ detail.

im to worn out to do it soz.

106 GTi
If Halfords is the only option re the Car wash purchase I would get some Megs Gold Class Wash or the Zymol the boys above say. Grab a Lambswool Mitt too.

If you have a Vauxhall Dealer local you could always get some Sonax Gloss Shampoo.

Working by hand;

Wash
Clay - Megs Clay Kit
Swirl Remove- Meguiars Scratch X
Polish - Autoglym Super Resin
Seall - Autoglym Extra Gloss

Formally Clio 182
No lewba lol.

Thanks for the advise guys, i've made a shopping list with your suggestions so i'll pop down Halfords after work and see what is available.

I'll be also putting my 'cliosport.net' sticker on and I have one of the new RS badges so will put them on after, and do some pics to show you guys!

Cheers

172 Cup
If your putting on a new badge get some Autogylm Intensive Glue & Tar remover for the crap that will be left behind from the old badge.

Which can be had at halfords :)

Wash
Megs Clay Kit
Meguiars Scratch X
Autoglym Super Resin
Autoglym Extra Gloss
Autoglym tar remover
Autoglym tyre dressing
Autoglym bumper shine

some basic starting ingredients imo