ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FIRST OIL CHANGE

HI GUYS,TIME FOR FIRST SERVICE,ANYBODY KNOW WHAT OIL RENAULT USE AND IS IT ANY GOOD? ANY IDEAS HOW MUCH I SHOULD BE PAYING (SHOULD HAVE SAID IT"S 6K SERVICE) CHEERS!

Weeman sucks ****

Cups and 172s (Maybe V6s) are 12000 miles for a service and i was told by my local dealer they dont use elf oil even though its advertised on the back of my car...bizarre?!

According to Waters of Letchworth, Castrol GTX 10 w 40 is the oil.

Who knows with car dealers though, my cup just came back from a suspect rear brake disc and it took them from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm to tell me a stone had gone through my brake pad, they didnt even check the rust on the disc, which is the reason i put it in!!

Alfa Mito 155TB

change the oil at 12000s .....some people change it at 1000 miles....dont think it makes much difference to be honest....just keep driving it hard everyday once warmed up

JUST PHONED LOCAL RENAULT DEALER,THEY SAY FIRST SERVICE IS AT 18K BUT IT SAYS 6K IN SERVICE BOOK,THEY WERE"NT MUCH HELP REALY(WHAT A SURPRISE)BIT CONFUSED AS WHERE IT STANDS WITH WARRANTY NOW(CARS AN IMPORT) ANY IDEAS?

who cares, if it was my car I would change the oil now, in fact I would have changed it long before but then again as an engine builder I am a bit anal.

Go to smileys or kwik fit or something and get them to change the oil, stand and watch them do it.

These high service intervals are ok but dont expect the car to actually last any distance/length of time.

Lee

BMW M2C

Most Renault service departments dont even know what a 172/Cup is.

As has been said already its every 12k for a 172/Cup/V6.

I had an oil and filter change at 6k just to be on the safe side. Renault charged me £68.00 for the pleasure.

Skoda Fabia vRS

do NOT put castrol GTX into your Clio............its a basic mineral oil, very cheap stuff

as said before get a fully synthetic 5W-40 like Elf/Total/Shell/Triple R.........or Mobil 1 0W-40

Brun like I have told you before renault dealers use whatever they get cheap, castrol gtx has long been a fav for them.

Renault Laguna Sports

Free safety check at 6000 m dosnt include an oil change, its a lights and levels check. Also from jan 2002 renault stopped making the check compulsory, its up 2 u if u want it done.