ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First post, a known BG 182...

M547

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M140i
I've looked around this forum for a bit, but I thought it was time to make my first post.

So I've owned my 182 for a year and a bit now, and I had looked up the number plate of my car a couple of times to see if it was around on this forum but not much luck, but then remembered it had had a private plate on it in the past, so decided to look up that... Anyway turns out I've got a guy called Rich Treen's old car (A16 RKY - can show the paperwork for proof) who seems to be mentioned on here a few times... So having seen some of the old pictures that was a nice surprise! Obviously it's done a few miles since it was his (up to 80k now and I saw he sold with just 6k what? haha) but it's held up well. Bought it from a guy called John running JJ Automotive, he only bought and sold Clio 182s so possibly he is known on here?

I try and keep it nice and clean but not sure I will ever be able keep it to Rich's standards! It does get used...

Anyway here's a brief history of my time with it;

Just one pic from when I picked it up:
029.JPG

My previous car, a 2001 1.1l 106 with 23k miles on it, was absolutely mint (Sorry if you don't want to see a 106 haha)
IMG_1314.JPG

Did a track day at Snetterton in it last year - was a great experience want to do a few more
083.JPG

094.JPG

I tell you those Golf R things are quick...
IMG_1507.JPG

IMG_1508.jpg

A couple from a quick clean up a few weeks ago
IMG_1939.JPG
IMG_1953.JPG
IMG_1964.JPG

And from today:
IMG_2197.JPG

It's not perfect (a couple of dings and stonechips) but the paint is still good and I do wash and wax fairly regularly. It hasn't had any major problems in my time and hopefully won't in the future! A wheel needs properly sorting as it was refurbished... badly. It also needs a service fairly soon so will take it to Mark Fish for that, went to his place earlier this year to sort a couple of things and can't recommend him enough. No real plans for the future for it other than to try and get involved with a few more motor events and things. I want to keep it in good condition but still enjoy using it. I'm a student and I don't bring the car with me to university so I'm not always there to drive it, but it does help keep the miles down.

Currently debating whether to do a couple of (hopefully tasteful) mods, I'm looking on and off for some Turinis (do those things ever show up for sale? haha) and possibly lower springs, solid top mounts, poly dogbone etc. It came with a Yozzasport exhaust on it which was a nice bonus!

Anyway that's an update on the car, sorry if this post is a bit long. Hopefully the pictures are working.

Cheers,

Alex

Mec 350 slk manual
Welcome Alex and yes wheels and loads of other mods do come up for sale but you need to become a member for £12 to see the parts for sale thread

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Don't worry - you'll never keep it in the condition Rich did. Once you accept that, you'll enjoy the car more! :tongueout:
Good that you're going down the 'subtle' mod route. I've had mine since new and apart from lowering it a little on Eibachs, swapping out the OEM cheese-made exhaust and occasionally dabbling with a panel filter in-between services - mine's standard too.

Never driven Snetterton - but I bet it was great to stretch the legs of the 182 properly!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Good to see this car back on here! It was certainly a well known car back in the day.

Glad you are enjoying your ownership :)