ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First post! Speaker Upgrades in 182.

182 Trophy #196
Hi,

Going to collect my 182 on Wednesday and the first thing I've noticed is that sound isnt up to scratch of that of my old astra(it was only a 53 plate SRI!).

I'd like to initally keep the standard headunit as it's already all set up with a Parott MK9200i kit thing for Iphone and Bluetooth.

Now I'm completely new to Clios as this is my first so I'm wondering where to start....

What is worthwhile upgrades? Bearing in mind that I know nothing about car speakers. I could set a side a budget of £200.

I'm not really interested in subs or anything, I just a want a simple worthwile speaker upgrade that gives better bass and clarity.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Simon :D

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
i have fitted alpines, direct fit and much better, only 40 quid i think too...

590c09e6.jpg

182 Trophy #196
They look good. With the risk of sounding like a r****d.. What did you have to do with the wiring?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
just cut off the renault block, fit speaker spade terminals so they slot on to the speaker terminals, literally a 2 min job, just get a crimping set from halfords for about a tenner and you get the terminals you need to crimp on to the speakers included

182 Trophy #196
Ok great, thanks for your help. Are you using the speakers with your standard headunit and standard tweeters? Is there a lot more bass?