ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First time DA polish

Treated myself to Kestrel DAS-6 Dual Action as the cup has swirls and a few minor scratches I want to clear up.

The last few days i've been reading guides and posts on here and am pretty confident I know what im doing. Theres just a few specific things I wanted to clear up.

I have:
Menzerna Power Finish PO 85
Menzerna Final Finish PO 85
Menzerna 135mm Compounding, Polishing and Finishing pads.

Am I right in thinking, start with power finish on a compounding pad, then final finish on a polishing pad? Then wax on with a finishing pad?

Also with regards to masking areas up, are there any specifics regarding a clio? Areas to really look out for?

And one final thing, cleaning the pads... do you do it between each area or after the whole detail?

Sorry if the questions are quite noobish, but i've been searching and cant find a clear answer for me.

Fiesta ST3
Treated myself to Kestrel DAS-6 Dual Action as the cup has swirls and a few minor scratches I want to clear up.

The last few days i've been reading guides and posts on here and am pretty confident I know what im doing. Theres just a few specific things I wanted to clear up.

I have:
Menzerna Power Finish PO 85
Menzerna Final Finish PO 85
Menzerna 135mm Compounding, Polishing and Finishing pads.

Am I right in thinking, start with power finish on a compounding pad, then final finish on a polishing pad? Then wax on with a finishing pad?

Also with regards to masking areas up, are there any specifics regarding a clio? Areas to really look out for?

And one final thing, cleaning the pads... do you do it between each area or after the whole detail?

Sorry if the questions are quite noobish, but i've been searching and cant find a clear answer for me.

always use the least abrasive combination first mate, maybe Polishing or finishing pad with Power Finish to see how that does, if it doesn't give you what you want then step up to the compound pad. Are you going to clay aswell mate? if not i would really recommend it before polishing.

i normally have 2 of each pads so i don't worry about washing the pads when changing polish, not sure what you would do here though.

as for masking, tape up the badges and rubber seals around the windows. have a look here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=501139 see how m4rkie23 has masked his clio.

which wax are you using mate? you don't wax with the machine, you wax by hand using a foam applicator, thin layer of wax is all that is needed the buff off using a microfibre.

take some 50/50 pics, always great to see after :)

Last edited:
Yep i'll be claying beforehand, already got that ready. Do I need to use both final finish and power finish? Or just one then wax? I have some poorboys butter wet wax so I'll apply that after the polish by hand.

Thanks for the advise.

Bumder With A Buffer
To wash them just soak them in water for a few minutes and push them flat to sqeeuze out any polish..Keep repeating till they are clean. I have used fairy liquid to clean mine......not sure if I should mind!!!

Then to dry pop them on the DA and give them a spin on the slowest speed. Speeds up drying time.