ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

first time using the SLR Brands Honda MG Day

Oil Burner
couple of pics i took today with the SLR

Very low light, but pretty pleased for my first time,

img0767yf7.jpg

img0659bb8.jpg

img0771wp8.jpg

img0729do5.jpg

img0679nc0.jpg

img0677hy2.jpg

img0625ud0.jpg

img0605zy1.jpg

Last edited:
  Oil Burner
cheers, Its a canon 400d these were all taken with the 90-300 lense, high iso, hense the grain on some pics. Had the camera 2 days, loving it so far.

Cool. Well technically they seem ok. Your only 'issue' is your composition, that will come with practice as much as anything though.

LY182/NHB CTR
great pictures.. you will live that camera Sharkyuk has the either the same one or the one before it and he has taken some cracking photos just with the standard lense..

Was this at Brands yesterday? if so Honda on Track were there and a few of my friends I would have been there myself if I didnt have to work :(

Oil Burner
yeh, have a few hundred of honda's but photobucket got on my nervs last night, will stick some up in a moment, it also turned dark and even colder on their 2nd session so i left.

Oil Burner
image shack is being a pain atm, so will try and sort it later this eve, only a few to come, two of a civic in a gravel trap, which might be of intrest to some?

Honda ones look better. Have you got photoshop? it could probably neaten some of them up quite nicely!

EDIT:

Just had a play with this one for you, hope you dont mind...

34505371051.jpg
126140-re-maps-who-where-how-much-gains-new-post.html

Last edited:
  Oil Burner
all of the honda ones have been photoshoped

sharped and croped, unfortunatly because of the rubbish light most of the honda ones arnt quite as sharp as the mg's.

BTW, cant see your pic atm, and got no problem with you editing them.

NICK

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Great pics for a first time, only thing i would say is next time drop the shutter speed slighty to get more of a feel for the movement of the cars. I noticed that the shots of the wheel are very static.

Oil Burner
was running 1/320 which was the slowest i could use without blurring the cars unfortunatly, plus i was taking pics as they were braking, so cars arnt actually going that fast lol.

but yeh, i take your point, Hopefully will get some more practice soon, maybe on a brighter day.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Heres a link to the image http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/12/34505371051.jpg I have just played around with brightness, contrast and saturation.

and you managed to make it look over saturated and to much contrast... the original was better...

nice pics, the civic infront of the skyline is supposed to be deadly fast as far as i know? got any pics of the skyline???

and your composition is fine...

Heres a link to the image http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/12/34505371051.jpg I have just played around with brightness, contrast and saturation.

and you managed to make it look over saturated and to much contrast... the original was better...

nice pics, the civic infront of the skyline is supposed to be deadly fast as far as i know? got any pics of the skyline???

each to their own.

The composition on thje Honda photographs is good, however when I mentioned a need to improve his composition I was referring to the photographs that had been posted at the time, and the close up photographs of the MGFs are not well composed IMO.

I dont want to get into an argument with you about it, especially as you seem to just want to b**ch at me for my comments. At the end of the day, photography is a form of art and peoples views on what looks good and what doesnt varies greatly. I prefer the version I have edited, oyu prefer the original, thats fine.

Would love to see some of your photographic work.

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
Surprised you could get all those photos of the MG's for them all breaking down in a cloud of smoke ;) lol top pics there :)

Oil Burner
not many pics of the skyline and those i did take are mostly out of focus or blured, but got 3 that are okish.

img0852cropedoh2.jpg

img0496cropedke9.jpg

img0836cropednv5.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

each to their own.

The composition on thje Honda photographs is good, however when I mentioned a need to improve his composition I was referring to the photographs that had been posted at the time, and the close up photographs of the MGFs are not well composed IMO.

I dont want to get into an argument with you about it, especially as you seem to just want to b**ch at me for my comments. At the end of the day, photography is a form of art and peoples views on what looks good and what doesnt varies greatly. I prefer the version I have edited, oyu prefer the original, thats fine.

Would love to see some of your photographic work.

ok the mg pics aint great but not all of them are bad, compo wise, just thought as this was his first time using his camera you were a little harsh...

personally i think his version of the civic and the liner is fine, and yours is just too oversaturated, but thats just personal preference...

i have alot of my pics online but my comercial work i dont have atm, as the company i work for owns them as i sell them direct and dont really keep any i just take finished work to put in to my folio however most of it has alot of graphics work done to it....

pm me if you wish and i will forward you some links.

LY182/NHB CTR
Well I think you have done a great with your pictures especially as this is your first go with your camera too..

Thanks for sharing your photos with us all

Know a few of those Hondas too :)