ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fit dump valve on TPS on a clio dci 80

clio dci
hi can any off you off you explane how to fit a dump valve on the tps on a clio dci 80 i got told i could fit it on there because they dont have a dump valve please can you explane and tell me were the TPS is thanxz jamie

Shed.
So the DCI does not have a turbo. Didn't think it did, i was like "wtf?" when i read this.

Could a DCI get a turbo shoved on it just as a 172 could ?

Forget it anyone who knows about cars would know your possing and wasting money.

TPS is the throttle pedal.

LY 182
Forget it anyone who knows about cars would know your possing and wasting money.

then theres theres the niggly little fact that it cant physically work, no vacum to actually actuate the thing hence the reason for vacum pumps to power diesel brake servos

then theres theres the niggly little fact that it cant physically work, no vacum to actually actuate the thing hence the reason for vacum pumps to power diesel brake servos

You use the throttle pedal sensor as the actuator for the dump valve. Its just like a sensor detects no throttle being used and open the dump valve electronically.

LY 182

You use the throttle pedal sensor as the actuator for the dump valve. Its just like a sensor detects no throttle being used and open the dump valve electronically.
they sell them?!
last i heard they were in development at bailey i think it was
must be honest though i thought it was a crap idea then and a crap idea now :nono:

80MPG BEEZA
or you could be the coolest kid in town and get a fake saber dump valve it'll add atleast 18bhp ................... runs

It don't use a vacume though if uses an electric motor to operate the valve to let the air out.

Its a waste regardless we both agree I'm sure.

clio 172
can u actually put a dump valve on a turbo diesle sorry if i sound utterly stupid lol

Last edited:
  182BG
my mate spent around £300 on a dump valve kit for his 306TD years ago, sounds really poo lol

To be honest mate, just save your money,
or use the money to buy a giant kenwood sticker for the windscreen ;)

Shed.
my mate spent around £300 on a dump valve kit for his 306TD years ago, sounds really poo lol

To be honest mate, just save your money,
or use the money to buy a giant kenwood sticker for the windscreen ;)

im sure a dunp valve was a small device worth sweet fa available on ebay which was available for cars which had supercharges, simply to make them go....whoosh! when you changed gear etc etc.

Shed.
EBAYGUY said:
It will be awesome once it is connected you'll hear the absolutely trendy Turbo hissing, like in the film "The Fast and The Furious", combined with more performance!

Un-Tish Yeah baby.