ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted my Magnex :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Before

DSCF1847.jpg

Now :)

DSCF2690.jpg

DSCF2689.jpg

Tooks me about 2.5 hours, bumper off, drop rear axel etc, quite an easy job just lots to do.

They look huge comapared to standard.

Sounds pretty much exactly the same as standard, just slighly louder below about 2k.

Just need to adjust it slightly. As left pipe is sticking out slightly more than the other.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Do you reckon they need raising slightly?

No need for a vid really, you won't hear it lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
yeah standard FTW, looks fine in real life, no one said anything at the RS Evo triangle meet.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
oh yes they look lot better :) There an inch bigger than standard.

Tangoed Works
looks very good. good fit for a magnex, i remember most used to have issues with the fitting of these.

a nice touch that its not too loud as well. Can you feel any extra poke, I remember looking under my 182 once thinking that the exhaust bore was tiny.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Not really been for a poper drive.
I just wacked it on and it was central like that so left it, but the left pipe does stick out abit more than the other.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol it gets cleaned once a week! Should see the roads I have to drive down then you'd understand why it's always dirty.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Nah no decatt, did have one when it was standard, but couldn't be doing with changing it come MOT time and possibly getting bummed by pigs.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Looks Good Fella.... Does seem to sit very well for a quick bolt on :)

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
Looks good. How come its not loud then? When mine eventually falls off I want a quiet system to replace it so the Magnex is probably ideal.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Not sure why it rattles, can't look at it for a week or so now grrr.

it's quiet cos i can't hear it lol

i'd say it's the same as standard, just a different better noise, slightly louder on tickover and below 2k though, and i do mean slightly louder.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Probably be because it has a Centre Silencer and Twin Backboxes like the Miltek which is also quite a quiet system

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
Not sure why it rattles, can't look at it for a week or so now grrr.

it's quiet cos i can't hear it lol

i'd say it's the same as standard, just a different better noise, slightly louder on tickover and below 2k though, and i do mean slightly louder.
Cool, cheers. :cool:

Ad

MK2 FRS
Sorry to say these are not the best exhaust for the `82. I drove Maz's loads of times and it was littered with problems of rattles and fitments! Sure she had 4 exhausts+ and in the end just got rid.

They also kill the standard mounts in no time:(

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Janspeed singlebox according to Steve Kev at Birchdown

Best fit too.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Cant comment on the janspeed for the 182, but on the ST the quality and sound is excellent.

New Kangoo Van!
Looks much better with aftermarket exhaust. I bought new hangers when i got my milltek but still wasnt satisfied with how it sat, so used some tie clips.