ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted Scorpion RS192 Exhaust on my 182

Renault Clio 182
Hi guys,

My stock exhaust decided to go end of last week, so obviously had to get replacement. Read over numerous threads and peoples opinions and finally opted to go for the scorpion rs192, as this was apparently as close to the stock exhaust in terms of noise. Didn't want anything too intrusive as i live in town and do a lot of city driving.

Bought it off ebay on Monday and got delivered by Thursday (so I was without a car for about 5 days, very inconvenient in this weather), anyway got it fitted, which I've heard some people on here say that they can be a bit tricky to fit, but mine went on no problems at all, less then half an hour in total.

The sound I think is great, has a bit more of a throaty sound to it then stock exhaust, but again nothing too intrusive. surprisingly however I feel like I've noticed an increase in power and torque, which I wasn't really expecting. I just wanted to get my car fixed. The extra power was a bonus.

Aesthetically i think it looks better then the standard exhaust as the tail pipes are bigger in diameter and are slightly angled. They also don't protrude as far out as the stock tailpipes giving it a more flush look.

It's only been on for a day and so far I'm very happy with it. If anything changes in the next week I will update this thread.

So if anyone is looking for an exhaust that is easy to fit, not very offensive noise levels, good build quality and relatively cheap I would certainly consider this exhaust when making your decision.

monaco 172
can you feel that extra 10hp the rs '192' gives you then lol?

The exhausts look nice and glad your happy with it. But id love to know how the hell they can market it as giving a stock 182 192bhp which is utter crap tbh lol.

Renault Clio 182
My car may have already been down on power because the stock exhaust was on its way out for a while now (apparently back box may have been blocked), but certainly since the new one was fitted it does feel faster. Whether this is because it's up by 10bhp from 182 or whether its back to normal, I don't know!! Rolling road maybe??

Black 182 FF
Pleased with mine to although it was a bit of a nightmare to line up, pretty easy to fit overall though.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
can you feel that extra 10hp the rs '192' gives you then lol?

The exhausts look nice and glad your happy with it. But id love to know how the hell they can market it as giving a stock 182 192bhp which is utter crap tbh lol.

It is, guy on here asked Scorpion for the before and after RR which they couldn’t provide which helps strengthen the argument thats its all bs, meant to be a good system never the less but the marketing department needs a slap.

Black Gold Trophy
Wasnt it yates and bloomfield who did the development though? Scorpion only manufacture the RS192, I don't think they actually designed it.
Regardless I highly doubt it gives a 10bhp gain, I have this exhaust and I'm fairly certain mine didnt gain 10bhp!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If their marketing speil was correct, the RS192 system would be giving an extra 17bhp as we all know 182's only make roughly 175bhp on a good day! ;) lol

About 4% down on book figures, beats VW's 12.5% down on book figures ;)

LY R26 #288
Ive also got one of these exhausts, I love it. Its just right for what I want. Except I do need to take it back to the place I got it fitted as I can hear it blowing under acceleration from the cat to centre box joint I Think.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Ive also got one of these exhausts, I love it. Its just right for what I want. Except I do need to take it back to the place I got it fitted as I can hear it blowing under acceleration from the cat to centre box joint I Think.
Common, the clamps are w**k

LY R26 #288
Common, the clamps are w**k

So are you saying that all clios blow there? lol. I did supply them with a new clamp from northwest performance.

I'll see what they say anyway, it might not be that one but it sounds like it to me.

J.W

RB 182 Cup
I've noticed two types of Scorpion exhaust for the 182, the RS192 which most of you guys refer to and also this one from Larkspeed:

http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?p=125RN19IM&a=i

Is there a significant difference between the two exhausts? I'm looking at buying one in the not too distant future as I had an advisory on my MOT about the standard exhaust being corroded....

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
I've noticed two types of Scorpion exhaust for the 182, the RS192 which most of you guys refer to and also this one from Larkspeed:

http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?p=125RN19IM&a=i

Is there a significant difference between the two exhausts? I'm looking at buying one in the not too distant future as I had an advisory on my MOT about the standard exhaust being corroded....

there is a standard design scorpion exhaust that everyone else sells. Scorpion say it will make the same power.

J.W

RB 182 Cup
Thanks!

I've emailed the guy selling them on eBay to see if he'll match the price, if not then I'll probably pop down to Larkspeed... They seem a good quality system without too much noise! :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Ive just bought myself the same system for same reasons. It hasnt come through post yet, but that could be because of christmas/new year delay. It was quite cheap in comparison to systems such as blueflame, yozza, miltek, etc. Can you post pics of what it looks like? Doubtfull on the extra 10bhp though! Is anybody intrested in my stock system when i swap them over?

a thirsty one
the rs192 system was commissioned by YBracing/strutbracer (mark and his brother) about 2006/7 they asked scorpion to make a system and used one of their cars as a demo and had numerous developments systems on, i have a btb and took it upto them so they could have a listen a few years ago and a look at it/compare.

they asked me to goto a local rr one day and do a back to back the rr was done at chipwizards (wayne) who has a great rep i cant remember the before results but we went back to back std cars with panel filters and he did get a few bhp more than me on the day i was 3 or 4 behind i think this was quite a few years ago. cant remember exact specs.

i love the btb for its noise and build quality, the rs192 is a little louder and tail pipes were not what i was after.

i think we all agree the peak figures are not accurate

clio sport 182
fitted a scorpion decat system to my 182 the other day, main reason for changing was that my standard exhaust was falling to pieces. the sound is superb but little bit loud crusing on the bypass at 70mph, i understand this is because of the decat but it gives the car so much more throttle responce its not worth thinking about putting the cat back on. best part was the exhaust system only cost me £372 and gave a mate £10 for letteing me use his ramp and his help.