ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted VR6 splitter at last!!

Beetle
bought a golf vr6 splitter for my valver a couple of months back, and this afternoon i finally got around to fitting it :eek: :D from this:
lowfront.jpg

to this:
splitterlowdown.jpg

can only just get on the drive though with about an inch clearance:eek: :clown:
splitterdrive.jpg

took me all afternoon but was easier than i though it would be, once i got the right drill bit i was straight through all the pop rivvets, then i had to butcher the splitter in the middle cos it was too wide, and on the ends cos it was too long, i'm pleased ive done it though i think it looks mint:cool:
let me know what you think, good or bad comments welcomed:D

Beetle
its not properly side on but you can see more of the side, i'm going to put the rubber one off of the front onto the back tomorrow, so that it doesn't look daft bein only low at the front:eek:
splitterleft.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
looks like you made a good job of it there.

must say, i prefer the original valver item though. looks a lot cleaner.

Beetle
i like it cos its a bit different to the usual seat or laguna splitters that are used, i think it kinda matches the grill aswell, a bit lol

Vee dub
I wouldn't normally post with negative comments but just my opinion....

The standard splitter look sooo much nicer fella!

Looks really wrong on what looked like a sweet valver

Tom

Beetle
:(

s'ok lol i sed all comments welcome, i thought it was gonna be a b**ch patty but once i'd drilled the old one off it was pretty straight forward, just had to line the corners up then chop the rest, still took all afternoon though:eek:

Beetle
oh yer had trouble gettin it high enough to get underneath though, had to drive onto two slabs, then two bricks, then two wooden ramps so that it gradually went higher and didn't scrape haha:cool:

Looks a little deep but it's different so it's good in my book!

Good to hear your putting the old one on the back. That's what I did on mine and it looks mint!

Beetle
i'll get some better pics up tomorrow from a bit further away cos i don't think these ones are doin it much justice, also of the rear splitter if i fit it in the mornin weather permitting

Atlantis Blue 1.2 Corsa B
looks good mate, very deeep lol. just loooked at my RT, cant believe how low they are realy as standard, not at the arches but bumper wise the front is low. the back like a tractor tho, blody french :s lol

I prefer the original valver splitter tbh.
If you car wasn't standard looking, i.e if it had a set of big wheels & a kit then I think that you'd be able to carry the new splitter off.
As your car looks standard I think that the vr6 splitter is too deep for it.
Sorry !

Beetle
no need to say sorry peeps i asked for good and bad to get a general idea, its a work in progress at the moment:) (dont worry theres no massive kits or 20" rims on the way!:clown: )

Beetle
any tips on putting the rubber splitter on the back bumper? ive got the short side on to the left of the zorst but its a b*tch to fit the other side:mad: , it'll be worth it though, i hope lol

172 Cup
Put the original back on mate its 100 times better. Just looks really odd looking definitly doesn't suit the car. Sorry

Beetle
too late to put old one back on cos its been cut to fit the rear bumper, might put an original one back on but will see how long this one last before its ripped off over a hump:clown:

Beetle
finally finished the rear splitter and just took some pics:)
rear1.jpg

rear2.jpg

rear3.jpg

and a pic side on as requested to show both splitters, i think it looks good and i'm happy with it for the time being:)
sideon.jpg

Beetle
front one is bolted on with about a dozen big bolts, and the back is just clipped on but its secure, i'm gonna bolt that on properly aswell when ive got time tommorrow

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Scott-16v! said:
too late to put old one back on cos its been cut to fit the rear bumper, might put an original one back on but will see how long this one last before its ripped off over a hump:clown:

What did you have to trim off the front to get it to fit? just round the exhaust?

Beetle
nah there was loads to cut mate, was a s**t of a job tbh, had to trim it round the zorst, also a few inches of each end, and the top bit of the splitter had to be hacksawed loads to allow it to bend properly around the curves, took ages to do and i'm not 100% happy with it, might take it off tomorrow and trim it some more. its worth it though imo

Beetle
Nightfire said:
Just need skirts now to connect the splitters up. Looks good
was think of maybe gettin some rsi skirts and adaptin them to fit cos i want to keep it subtle, not sure how deep they are though