ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting 172 Side Skirts to a 1.2

Mk3 clio 1.5
Hey guys, i'm in process of adding full 172 kit to my X reg clio. Was testing out side skirts to make sure they fit, but where they should attach to the cars frame seems to be to close to the edge for the skirt to sit fully back.

hard to explain, but anyone had this problem, or suggestions?

Cheers, Lewis.

The Sport Skirts attach to the car using clip things that run along the length of the car. You can't just stick them on as such.
Plus yea you need sport front wings for them to fit properly because they clip to them at the end at an angle.

Edit: See diagram (courtesy of Jungle_Jim from another thread)
fittingsideskirtcopy.jpg

Mk3 clio 1.5
The Sport Skirts attach to the car using clip things that run along the length of the car. You can't just stick them on as such.
Plus yea you need sport front wings for them to fit properly because they clip to them at the end at an angle.

yeah ive go the front wings aswell, it was just the way they looked like they were going to fit confused me. I guess im gonna have to buy these from renault?

Just buy a sport mate ;)
haha, if the insurance wasnt a issue i would of done.

Why dont you Pay your Clio Sport Membership! and may be have more positive replys to the lad, For all you know hes a 17 Year old lad paykng 3k insurance on his 1.2 :) ( rant over :) )

and make the presumption that i dont know the "lad" dont be a fool im having some banter with a friend ;)

"rant over"

Mk3 clio 1.5
Why dont you Pay your Clio Sport Membership! and may be have more positive replys to the lad, For all you know hes a 17 Year old lad paykng 3k insurance on his 1.2 :) ( rant over :) )

haha, he's just jelous of 1.2 owning his 172 ;) nah its ok, hes a friend of mine. im 20 in 2month and paying 1700 full comp with a claim against my name lol.

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow

Edit: See diagram (courtesy of Jungle_Jim from another thread)
fittingsideskirtcopy.jpg
Any advice where to drill the holes on a non-sport to fit the brackets ? Tried to figure it out, but no luck.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
What my problems is, is how the brackets are fixed to the car, confusing me something shocking
There are three small plastic clips per side. They're riveted onto the body and hold the skirt up along the length.
You can get away with just attaching them at the front (wing end) and back with fixings, but they may sag in the middle.

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
Finaly had time to try fitting the side skirts on my dCi,and the result is this. Ya, fitted only 1 skirt because I am out of rivets :)
Anyone knows if the corect rivets are 4.8mm size ? Or is recommended to use bigger ones ?

Attachments

• 20170708_110449.jpg
    20170708_110449.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 268