ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting 182 exhaust to 172

clio sport
i have a 172 sport 52 plate and want to fit a 182 twin exhaust to accomapny my 182 rear bumper thats going on soon my car has already been decatted would it be a direct fit? if not what would i need?

172cup
no it isnt a direct fit, it s going to be a right pain in the arse
Why on earth would you do that?
its been proven long ago that 2 back boxes do f**k all, you re just adding weigth.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You'd need to chop out the spare wheel well, and then it wouldnt line up correctly with the cat, so you would need a 182 cat and amanifold as well, or to make an adaptor.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If I was to change something in my 172 exaust that would be the manifold and cat.....

The standard 172 manifold is very good, and the cats are pretty decent too.

Porkies did 212bhp on the standard manifold although it was a sports cat.

Ive just got a 182 manifold for our phase 2, but im not really expecting a significant performance difference from it, couple of lbft midrange maybe? TBH its not really worth the hassle IMHO, I only did it just because im terrible for changing stuff just for the fun of changing it, lol

172cup
still, you'd get more out of the manifold/cat than you'd out of a bog standard 182 exhaust
unless hes doing it only for the twin pipes.... Ill shut up then :D

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
still, you'd get more out of the manifold/cat than you'd out of a bog standard 182 exhaust
unless hes doing it only for the twin pipes.... Ill shut up then :D

Out of which manifold and cat?

For actual peak power I would imagine the 4 into 1 design of the 172 is probably slightly superior if anything, although Ive not ever tried both on the same big spec engine to find out.